|Job Ref:||204558942||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Sidcup||Address:||Post Code:||DA14||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:45|
UCI Recruit are currently looking for Principal Designer at an intermediate level for our client, a large consultancy company based in the South East London Area. |
The successful candidate role will consist of taking ownership of projects and work on them to ensure they meet the requirements of the Contract (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. The candidate will be joining a growing team of health and safety professionals.
• To provide Designers and Contractors Pre-Construction Packs which you will help to compile.
• Planning, managing and monitoring health and safety throughout the pre-construction phase
• Identifying, controlling or eliminating foreseeable risks, ensuring Designers carry out their duties.
• Liaising with the Principal Contractor throughout the construction phase.
• Conduct health and safety specific design review throughout the design and construction phases of projects
• Undertake site inspections/audit on behalf of Clients or Contractors
• Assist with internal health and safety procedures
• Clear understanding of the sensitivities and specialist requirements when working on historic buldings, schools and care homes.
• Clear understanding of the legal requirements of the Contract (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
• Experience in a similar role or in a design or construction role
Ideally you will have obtained the NEBOSH Construction Certificate