|Job Ref:||204558752||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum plus excellent benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:48|
The University of Surrey is an international university with a worldwide reputation for excellence in teaching and research. It offers students a unique combination of high academic standards, employment success and a prime location in beautiful surroundings, yet with ease of access to London. The University is a rewarding place to work offering staff a varied and challenging workload.|
We're delighted to have been named The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016 University of The Year. Learn more about our league table success and discover why our students, staff and alumni are proud to be part of the University of Surrey - wonderful things happen here.
Reporting to the Deputy Director - Planning & Developments, this role will be the University's strategic lead and custodian on the development and management of the University's engineered estate; to specify, plan, develop, deliver, and monitor appropriate and acceptable standards of service, in respect of mechanical and electrical services across the estate. They will take responsibility for the current and future supply of quality electrical and mechanical services to meet the growing University need, ensuring they are planned and delivered in a timely and economical manner that mitigates business risk, complies with all relevant legislation and meets industry best practice.
You will undertake long term strategic planning for major services infrastructure across the University, ensuring provision of a suitably sized, proactively maintained services network, designed and delivered to mitigate business risk.
The successful candidate will have:
• Chartered membership of a professional body CIBSE or equivalent.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of electrical and building services, their technologies and their impact on the work environment, including their characteristics and performance.
• Working knowledge of specialist areas such as high voltage switching, fire alarms, access control, CCTV, intruder alarms and IT networks
• Detailed knowledge of statutory safety and built environment legislation and how to ensure compliance acceptable to regulator.
• Capable of writing, articulating and presenting technical and financial reports including life cycles, costing, comprehensive financial analysis using discounted cash flow, with option appraisal and recommendations
• Well-developed financial and budget management skills
• Working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite
Estates & Facilities Management are responsible for the planning, development and maintenance of the University Estate and provide Support Services to all faculties and departments in the University. The Estate is a key element of the marketability of the University. Estates & Facilities Management are responsible for the first impression of the organisation and managing the internal environment to ensure that staff, students and visitors have a positive experience.
The benefits package includes 25 days leave + 7 closure days + bank holidays, competitive pension scheme (18% employer contributions), season ticket loan, childcare facilities and subsidised membership of the Surrey Sports Park.
For more information, including the full job particulars, please contact our advisor Michael Hewlett at The Management Recruitment Group on (Apply online only). Applications should consist of a CV and covering letter.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 25th September 2016
The Management Recruitment Group (MRG) has been exclusively retained for this appointment. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to MRG