|Job Ref:||204556429||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South Wales||Address:||Post Code:||CF3||Salary:||£30000 - £55000/annum DoE + Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:47|
Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor|
South Wales / Cardiff / Swansea
Currently working with a leading construction company who are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor
The company specialise in planned maintenance and new build services to clients throughout the country. The role will predominantly be site based with some working required from the Regional Office in Cardiff.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in the following areas:
• The ability to interface / interact with the Client and Contract Administrator in a professional manner
• Ensure administration of subcontracts is at all times optimised
• Effective application of cost control procedures
• Provision of timely and accurate CVR's
• Participation in the Monthly Contract Review
• Production of External Client Valuations ensuring that recoverable VO value is captured and realised
• Effective management of cash
• Subcontract Procurement and management.
• Assisting the Central Procurement Department as required to provide take-offs and ensure accuracy of schedules for the purpose of order placement.
• Feedback on interim and final cost data to the Regional Estimating Team.
• Finance / Commercial awareness & related management systems and controls
• Negotiation skills
• Strong technical knowledge & an understanding of the Construction Industry
• Awareness of codes of practice that impact on commercial matters e.g. Building Regulations,
• A relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying
• Knowledge and awareness JCT NEC
• The company has been trading for over 100 years and is continuing to expand.
• SQS possibility with growth
• Standalone Role
• Structured training and development to provide the skills you need to operate efficiency and effectively.
• SALARY & PACKAGE: QS £30-45k SQS £40-£55k
• Car Allowance, BUPA, 26days holiday, life assurance x3, pension
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please click 'apply' or contact Ben Brass on (Apply online only) for a Confidential Discussion