|Job Ref:||204557802||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greenwich||Address:||Post Code:||SE10||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum + Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:47|
On the back of winning a fantastic project @ the o2 my client urgently requires an experienced Quantity Surveyor, London to join their dynamic team. This interesting Cinema and Entertainment centre being built beneath the o2 arena is a real "one off". As Surveyor will be responsible for all financial aspects of the project working closely with the Senior Surveyor and Project Manager.|
This project will suit a Surveyor with a professional and proactive manner who has a genuine desire to develop their management skills. Candidates must be robust, organised with strong track record of working closely with the client. Excellent attention to detail is essential.
* To take active responsibility for all financial procedures in conjunction with the Senior Surveyor
* To suggest trade contractors, systems and manufacturers for team appraisal.
* To take a lead role in the valuation process.
* Be aware of element costings and costs/ft2.
* Develop initial project budget and agree detailed cost plan with the Senior Surveyor for agreement with the professional team.
* Confirm project insurance arrangements.
* Advise client on procurement routes available.
* Prepare and monitor Bid Package Tender Schedule.
* Advise on product selection, specifications and assist with value engineering exercises.
* Advise on selection of Works Contractors.
* Attend and if necessary chair meetings with the design team and with works contractors.
* Manage the change process in conjunction with the extended team.
* Instruct accounts to invoice clients
* Instruct accounts to pay subcontractors and suppliers
* Prepare 'rolling' final account throughout project and agree at PC
* Close out financial account and retention releases
* Prepare final account reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for Interior directors responsible
* Provide feedback to trade contractors on completion
* Internal reporting via billing monitors, MCR's and interim CVR's
* Recognised qualification in a building related subject
* Previous experience of successfully carrying out a surveying role on a large project, £20 M + and its delivery within the time and budget constraints to a high quality.
* Preferably previous experience of major structural work on existing buildings.
* Relationship with Colleagues
* Acts as the lynch pin with the day to day running of the project in terms of procurement and financial control and as a result must be an effective communicator
* Takes on role of mentor to Assistant Surveyors and support staff
* Acts as the key co-ordinator with the professional team and Works Contractors in respect to the valuation process