|Job Ref:||204551482||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£50000 - £52000/annum package + benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:32|
We are looking to procure aSenior QS to join the regional office of a highly regarded main contractor, well known for exceptional delivery, quality and client satisfaction.|
Their regional office is going from strength to strength, capitalising on an extremely buoyant market and a fantastic reputation. With a turnover in 2016 of around £30m they already have secured a healthy pipeline of work for 2017, and are confident hitting their target of £45m.
Their client portfolio is comfortably diverse with strong emphasis on open market homes, affordable housing along with some joint venture developments. They enjoy relationships with both Developers and Clients direct and have an outstanding reputation for delivery.
Developments range in size from 20 units to 100 units, with an average job value around £4m and they generally have 6-7 sites running concurrently.
They are looking for an experienced Senior QS (looking for progression into the MQS role) to join their commercial team, being responsible for 7 Surveyors across the South West patch. The primary objectives for this role will be as follows:
* Ensuring compliance with the company surveying procedures
* Providing leadership and technical support to the commercial staff
* Ensure effective team working between all disciplines within the project team
* Maintaining relationships with key sub contractors
* Monitoring the financial performance across the business
* Producing sub contract procurement programmes
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Construction related qualification
* Housing Developer background preferred
* Experience working on multiple projects concurrently
* Experience in managing developments of a similar size
Aside from all of this, my client is looking for someone with tons of drive to help grow the people and the business whilst having the ability to developer excellent relationships both internally and externally.
In exchange for your experience and hard work you will benefit from a fantastic working environment and excellent company reputation with genuine career progression if desired.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy