|Job Ref:||204556223||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||St Albans||Address:||Post Code:||AL1||Salary:||£55000 - £70000/annum + Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:47|
- We are looking to recruit a Design Manager who will report into our Head of Design Management.
- This role will primarily be a delivery role however will have elements of preconstruction which is currently based in our St Albans Office. This is a Middle management role at business unit level but a senior role within the project level and as such the candidate will be expected to deliver at that level.
- As a Design Manager for a contractor with a focus on managing the designers to ensure they deliver what they were employed for.
- The candidate will be expected to take ownership of the contractors design team in terms of their delivery and be standalone in terms of management
- It is preferred that the candidate has experience across a number of markets though specialism in one will be considered.
- Identify design requirements for the bid from the clients brief
- To deliver the correct design by realising the design opportunities and mitigating the risks to ensure bid winning solutions or projects can be delivered
- Develop and compile the design proposals for inclusion within the contractors documentation
- Select and assess design team or if notated undertake appropriate checks
- Appoint the design team, agree schedules of responsibilities and fee agreements for services/design deliverables and resourcing requirements
- Manage the Design Team, the design development and design review process
- Manage and monitor performance of consultants to liaise with Statutory Bodies or Statutory Authorities for compliance sign off
- Undertake regular site inspections to make sure the built product meets design intent and take appropriate action if not
- Manage and monitor design delivery against agreed deliverable dates, and report to SDM on performance issues
- Be responsible for developing the design programme with consultants and planner for bids or projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry, specifically on Design and Build, new build and refurbishment projects
- Likely to have 5 years` experience in a Design Manager role
- CSCS card will be required
- Full Driving licence required