|Job Ref:||204556140||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Carlisle||Address:||Post Code:||CA3||Salary:||£200/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:32|
Our client is one of the UK's leading Shopfitting Main Contractors with project across the country. We have an urgent Site Manager requirement for a short term contract in Carlisle. You will oversee the work of several long term sub-contractors, working on a well-known high street store. You will be No.1 on site reporting into a visiting Project Manager.
Responsibilities as Site Manager include:
- Ensuring company HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Setting up site, Fire Plans, Inductions, Method Statement, Risk Assessments e.t.c
- Organising the site to deliver programme requirements on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinating sub contractors to ensure efficiency of work.
- Monitor the quality of work carried out ensuring high standards of quality are achieved and addressing any issues with sub-contractors / trades.
- Ensuring all programmes, plans, method statements and risk assessments are up to date, understood and adhered to by all the necessary people.
- Solving design and technical issues on site.
- Interacting with the client and architect on a daily basis.
Site Manager Experience Required:
- Recent office fit-out/Shopfitting experience is essential.
- First Aid, SMSTS & CSCS essential.
- Experience of reporting to contracts managers and formulating appropriate weekly reports.
- Live within suitable commuting distance of the project.
This project starts on the 5th September for 3.5 weeks (5 days, 12 hour shifts) finishing on 28th September. If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Mark Toussaint on the e-mail address: professional@uklgroup .com