|Job Ref:||204556118||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Watford||Address:||Post Code:||NN6||Salary:||£60000 - £75000/annum Car & Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:47|
M&E Commercial Manager|
£60000-£75000 ( DOE), Company Car Allowance/ Company Car, Pension
This fast growing company provides multi-disciplined building services solutions. The company operates in a broad range of sectors including education, industrial, healthcare, historical, commercial and high specification residential.
As a result of continued expansion, they would like to enhance the Management team with a Commercial Manager.
As a Commercial Manager you will be responsible for the overall management of the Quantity Surveying, Estimating and Contract Management functions.
A challenging and varied role the Commercial Manager's responsibility will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* The management of a team of Quantity Surveyors, Estimators and Contract Managers
* Developing further robust Cost Management and Commercial risk management processes
* Managing the provision of accurate and timely cost reporting & forecasting
* Providing detailed commercial analysis of tender documents, advising the senior management team of commercial & contractual risks
* Leading commercial and contractual negotiations with clients and contractors
* Identifying variations and delays to project delivery, before negotiating and protecting the organisations interests
* Recruitment and mentoring of employees with Estimating Quantity Surveying and Contract Management
* Negotiation and agreement of final accounts
The successful candidate will have experience of working within the Contracting environment, ideally M&E. The candidate will have strong Contract/Commercial Management experience and will be very commercially focussed.
The candidate will have strong multi-level communication skills and stakeholder management experience.
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary package and long term career prospects.
To be successful you must have/be all of the following:
* M&E Contracting experience
* Strong NEC Contract experience
* Proven commercial experience.
* Experience of all routine pre and post contract commercial tasks.
* Knowledge of construction and contract law.
* Member of an appropriate professional body e.g. RICS
* Proven M&E experience.
* Building Services or Quantity Surveyor qualification desirable