|Job Ref:||204551311||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£12.69 - £14.72/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:58|
Pertemps Industrial Division is recruiting for a Mechanical and Electrical Clerk of Works to join their public sector client on a fixed term of 12 months.|
The chosen candidate will work under the direction of a small team of architects, surveyors, engineers and maintenance officers, as well as internal clients.
The post is 35 hours per week, Mon - Friday, 8.45am - 16.45pm, with a one hour break for lunch. Rate of pay is dependant on experience but will roughly vary between £12.69 per hour to £14.72.
Duties will include;
- Ensuring projects are delivered in line with the contract requirements
- Monitoring and reporting on on-site quality
- "Ensuring site health and safety, particularly in relation to any adjacent, or in-situ end-users is adequately addressed
Essential criteria will include;
- Experience in Housing Refurbishment, in particular Rewiring and Central Heating Install projects in Local Authority or Housing Association Environment
- Experience of General Building Projects for Local Authorities
- Trade supervisory experience
- Experience in dealing with tenants, homeowners, and end-users
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Knowledge of IEE Wiring Regulations
- Skilled communicator able to work with Architects, Engineers, and Surveyors
- Easy-going communicator Confident user of IT - e-mail, mobile phone, digital cameras, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Broad services best-practice knowledge
- Understanding of practical application of Health and Safety on Construction Sites Excellent record-keeping skills
If you meet the above criteria, and would be interested then please send your CV in to (url removed)