|Job Ref:||204551216||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:58|
Regional Safety Manager - London|
An International multi-disciplined projects company are currently seeking a Regional Safety manager for various projects throughout London. This is an exciting and excellent opportunity for an experienced EHS advisor to join an M&E Contractor as they continue their expansion across new sectors throughout Ireland, UK and Continental Europe.
• Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections as directed in the Safety Management system
• Communicate the findings of the audits to site management and operations director and assist in the closure of issues in line with Company policy
• Assist in incident/accident investigation reporting and filing
• Reporting to the Regional Directors and the Group Safety Manager on the development, implementation and effectiveness of the Safety Management System and Policy
• Providing strategic support to the business by working in partnership with the respective Operations Directors to improve the overall safety culture.
• Assessing the EHS function to identify areas for improvement and develop new initiatives within the UK Region.
• Managing and mentoring a team of up to 12+ safety advisors across the UK.
• Managing the maintenance of the company behavioural based safety programme.
• Investigating and analysing incidents and identifying root causes
• Maintaining OHSAS18001 & ISO 14001 status.
• Improving and influencing health and safety aspects of tender development and evaluation.
• Providing advice to regional directors and project managers on safety performance and strategy.
• To pay a start-up visit to each new project, sets up the necessary registers, accident books, abstracts of regulations, posters, etc., and ensures that site establishment complies with the regulations as a minimum
• To provide training and information to the workforce using appropriate training aids and media as required.
• Communicating and promoting initiatives for accident prevention and greater safety and health awareness.
• Collating, advising and supporting for pre-qualification and tendering processes. Representing the Company for presentations in the pre-qualification and tendering processes
• Communicating with outside groups pertaining to safety
• Must have at least 10 years' experience in a similar role in the construction industry and relevant qualifications.
• Proven experience of managing a team of 12+ safety officers / safety managers
• The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and organisational skills and be willing to work as part of a team.
• Effective time management skills
• Strong report writing skills and the ability to solve problems