|Job Ref:||204562519||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:31|
Senior IT Engineer Cambridge c£40-50K+|
An excellent opportunity exists for a talented Senior IT Engineer to join this word leading organisation to offer principal 1st / 2nd and 3rd line support to their Cambridge office.
Your main areas of responsibility include: -
• Responsible for specifying, procuring, installing, upgrading, repairing,
and general troubleshooting of desktop and portable computers on-
site (80% of role)
• Remote support for other internal staff throughout Europe
• Software installation, desktop imaging, software inventory and
• Standardization measures of the office systems will also be
components of the position
• To work closely with US based colleagues to ensure maximum
compatibility where necessary
• The opportunity to work on and learn new Microsoft products -
Probability of ad-hoc 'desktop' project work at later stage within role
• To receive daily guidance from the local site management - Fully
administer and escalate jobs from helpdesk system
• The ability to work well in small team with occasional out of hours'
• Analyse and make suggestions on the improvement to the overall
• Develop Strategic deployment methods of technologies across multiple
• Provide Escalation support to assist global site troubleshooting effort
of client issues.
• Participate in cross functional discussions regarding trends modelling
and futures planning
• Server administration tasks (backups, upgrades, maintenance etc.)
• Windows/Linux server tuning
• Participate in the architecture process for distributed solutions.
• Knowledgeable in UNIX/Linux
• Remote support of the Company's regional offices in EU
You will ideally hold MCP Accreditation and be degree qualified in Computer Science or have equivalent experience, and highly advantageous would include qualifications such as MCSE Network+, A+, Linux+ and ITIL Certified.
You will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package as well as excellent working conditions and environment and joining a highly professional, dedicated and friendly team