|Job Ref:||204562234||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£28000 - £35000/annum Fantastic Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:31|
A NEW IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER JOB IN CAMBRIDGESHIRE|
A unique opportunity has come available with a leading technology driven organisation based in Histon, Cambridgeshire. Your role will be to ensure efficient support of desktop PCs the IT network infrastructure, servers and associated applications.
Your main responsibilities and duties as IT Technical Support Engineer will include:
* Systems Availability: Ensure availability and day-to-day operation, scheduling and technical support of the company's computer systems, IP-based networks (both LAN & WAN), telephone and fax systems. Perform fault-finding on PC and network systems to maintain their overall proper operation.
* Systems Provision: Evaluate and deploy new systems as requested by line management, planning and organising roll-out as necessary. Ensure provision of an adequate and responsive IT infrastructure and core applications such as email. Assist organisation and maintenance the central computer room. Ensure areas of performance, efficiency, integration and security are dealt with.
* System Performance: Monitor and control the performance of network operations, and provide technical support as necessary to maintain performance at an adequate level.
* Security: Operate and maintain adequate and appropriate security mechanisms to ensure the privacy and integrity of corporate data. Oversee the regular backup and secure storage of all key data, and protect against virus attacks.
* End-User Support: Provide end-user support for escalated helpdesk issues, plus systems maintenance and administration. Ensure a responsive, effective and reliable service for UK offices and Field Offices too.
* On-Site Support: This job will involve occasional international travel to client sites around the world, predominantly in North America.
For this IT Support Engineer job you will have the following skills:
* Strong skills in software installation - networking, ports, firewalls, etc.
* Server configuration.
* Experience in Microsoft Server 2012.
* VMWare experience would be beneficial.
* Previous experience in working on ticketing systems would be beneficial but not essential.
* An IT or Computer Science related degree would be beneficial.
* Strong communication skills are a must.
* Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
This IT Technical Support Engineer job is a fantastic opportunity that offers versatility, a range of career prospects and the opportunity to travel all over the globe.
To APPLY please send your CV (referencing BP-2774/15)
If you would like to discuss this job prior to applying you can call Bhavesh on (Apply online only).
Visit and follow Redline Group