|Job Ref:||204562003||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Worcestershire||Address:||Post Code:||DY12||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:48|
Software Test Engineer|
Competitive Salary & Benefits
An exciting opportunity to join an expanding team where you will contribute to the testing and documentation of software programs as part of the development of a range of products. Although most of the testing at present is manual there is a requirement to try and automate as much of the testing as possible. As the successful Test Engineer you will be involved with estimating tasks, writing test schedules, writing and executing story tests. Automate new functional tests cases and run automated regression tests. You will be qualified to degree standard in a computing, science, engineering or mathematics subject or have equivalent experience. An ISTQB/ISEB qualification or similar is desirable.
Responsibilities & Experience Required
* Work within the software team using agile methods, participating in sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
* Provide the software and embedded software test specifications, test cases and test automation suites necessary to provide robust and reliable software.
* Must have experience of Microsoft Office and have a general understanding and use of PCs and applications.
* Previous experience of Windows desktop application testing would be a strong advantage but training will be provided.
* Windows programming in C#, Visual Basic, C++ or any scripting language using object- oriented methodologies would be an advantage.
* Understanding of software design methodologies, notably Agile and Scrum software design principles, would be useful.
* Participate in the development of products as part of multi-disciplinary project teams and to work within project timescales, providing progress indication and task estimates as necessary.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)