|Job Ref:||204561882||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Old Bailey||Address:||Salary:||£65000 - £75000/annum £65K - £75K + 10% Bonus + Bens||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:48|
Multi award winning SaaS company now urgently seeks to recruit an experienced Development Team Lead to join their Software Development 7 Delivery Team. Here you will play a key role, providing leadership for the delivery of software projects, taking responsibility for any issues, often without the guidance of a manager. This role requires someone with proven experience in a similar Development Team Lead role, where they have been responsible for the day to day leading / management of a small team whilst still being hands on at the same time. Specific tasks in this role will include (but be limited to); |
• Leading the development, implementation and ongoing management of the Software Engineering framework (as a combination of tools, techniques and measures)
• Manage / lead a team responsible for the delivery of software projects.
• Championing and implementing the use of Development process to ensure consistency across deliverables.
• Championing continuous improvement
• Providing input in to the creation and maintenance of high-level delivery plans in order to forecast resource requirements and completion dates.
• Ensuring effective stakeholder management by providing regular and accurate updates on the progress, risks and any issues.
• Ensuring that the team is resourced appropriately in order to be able to meet business requirements & provide production support for live incidents as required.
• Working on technical projects / operational support tasks for managers or sponsors with minimal guidance. This could entail working alone or as part of a wider project / support team, managing specific tasks.
• Report writing and making recommendations to managers and project sponsors.
• To own and provide problem diagnosis and resolution liaising with peers, customer/developer groups and suppliers where necessary ensuring that KPIs and SLAs are met.
• Providing expert advice to other groups on any technical and operational issues.
• Deputising for the manager when requested and undertaking the management of multiple development teams.
• Recruiting and then inducting new team members to the team as required
• Undertaking reviews of team development and training needs
• Undertaking performance reviews for all direct reports ensuring that HR are kept up to date regarding any issues related to under performance and unusual absence etc
Candidates will need to possess proven experience in a similar Development TeamLead role with technical skills / experience that should include most if not all of the following;
• Proven experience of leading a small development team whilst still being "hands on"
• Strong Core Java and J2EE development experience with multi-threading
• Extensive experience of Spring Framework
• Agile experience is a must
• TDD with JUnit, Spock and/or TestNg
• Continuous Integration with Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson and/or TeamCity
• Build tooling / automation using Maven, Gradle, Nexus etc
• Webservices experience
• Experience of working on Linux or Unix
• Solid experience with databases
This is truly a fantastic career opportunity to join a genuine market leader in their field, a really exciting SaaS company with an entrepreneurial mind-set that is enjoying a period of continued growth! Our client is offering a basic salary up to £75K plus + 10% Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits package including interest free season ticket loan, pension, life assurance and gym subsidy! Interviewing immediately, send your CV now for more information