|Job Ref:||204561742||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newbury||Address:||Post Code:||BA11||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:48|
Position: JD024 Accounts Manager|
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum + benefits
The closing date for applications is close of business: 28 September 2016
Why Work for Us?
Be part of a growing team, where every action you take has an impact. You can make a real difference to our customers and our future.
Symbox is a leading provider of software solutions to the telecoms and media industries. With global implementations we help global telecoms providers deliver efficient processes and a great customer working knowledge whilst ensuring revenues are maximized at minimum risk.
We are looking for independent thinkers who enjoy innovation and want to see the positive impact of their contribution to both our company and our customers. We are a small and dynamic team, experiencing significant growth. We are delivering first-to-market services, as well as well-established software solutions, to leading-edge technology industries. If you are looking for a career where you can truly make a difference to company performance, grow and be part of an innovative team, Symbox is the place for you.
The successful candidate will play an essential role for Symbox by providing professional financial support, with a view to ultimately maximising profitability.
You will deal with and provide the senior management with accurate information about the company financial records, which will involve but will not be limited to managing the accounts, financial reporting, taxation, auditing financial systems and processes.
• Manage the day to day company accounts - sales/purchase ledger
• Manage the company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
• Liaise with external providers as financial point of contact (accountants, HMRC)
• Ensure the company complies with financial legislation at all times
• Assist with cash flow and budget forecasting
• Reconciliation of bank accounts
• Prepare, submit and pay VAT claims as per monthly submit dates
• Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses
• Produce financial policy and procedures to ensure employees and the company remains compliant with legislation and best practices
• Review and approve employee expense claims, as per guidance and timelines
• Ensure credit control is within company guidelines - Liaise with account representatives and clients on late payments
• Advise the management about issues such as resource utilization, taxation, financial actions and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
• Secure financial information by completing backups and maintain financial security by following internal procedures
• Review the company's systems and analyse risk on a regular basis, perform tests to check financial information and systems
• Working knowledge of financial systems (preferably Xero) and budgets
• Proficient in preparing accounts and tax processing, auditing financial information, compiling and presenting reports, commentaries and financial statements
• Working knowledge of analysing financial trends and detecting and preventing fraud
• Familiar with financial forecasting and risk analysis
• Conversant with the legislation governing accounting and corporate finance
Personal Attributes & Skills
• Financial qualification, AAT or above
• Business acumen, integrity, confidentiality and trustworthiness
• Organisational, time management skills and ability to manage deadlines
• Effective team working, good communicator, self-motivation and commitment
• Good interpersonal skills
• IT desktop software and numeracy proficiency
• Problem solving skills and analytical ability
• Excellent attention to detail and reporting skills
• Based in Newbury, Berkshire with some travel to London
• Some travel required to customer sites and other Symbox offices
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter, either by email or by post to:
Unit 24, Kingfisher Court