|Job Ref:||204561739||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:48|
The role: Head of IT Services|
Location: Permanent, West Midlands
Salary: £40,000 - 50,000 + benefits
We have an opportunity for an experienced Head of IT Services to join our West Midlands based client in a key leadership role. My client is a specialist supplier of IT Infrastructure and Telecommunications services and solutions.
This is a key position and you must have an IT infrastructure background but be presently at a level to define and deliver IT Services road map and strategy. Whilst current technical knowledge is very important this is not a hands on technical role, this is a management and leadership opportunity with an organisation that has been experiencing significant growth over the last 5 years.
The role involves but is not limited to the daily management and leadership of the IT Services Division. Working with key stakeholders to define and deliver not only the services road map, but working alongside your peers in marketing and sales to define the overall company strategy in relation to the IT Services division
* Provide support and leadership to the IT Services team and cascade business objectives and priorities to the department
* Contribute to the development of the company's IT Services strategy including product & service definitions
* Set clear objectives, track progress and instil a high performance culture with an emphasis on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
* Work with the Sales Director & Marketing to define and implement campaigns to drive the sale of IT Services into existing and new clients
* Participate in the sales process, attend customer meetings and presentations with stakeholders
* Accountability for the management and organisation of the day to day operations of IT Services ensuring a reliable service delivery to our clients
* Management of IT Services staff including performance management, motivation, and training
* Previous experience managing an IT services team in a business to business environment
* Solid technical knowledge of cloud services (O365, backup etc.), networking, edge / endpoint security, VPN, Virtualisation, client deployment / management and remote support / monitoring technologies
* Demonstrable leadership & change management skills
* Strong communication and presentation skills, comfortable dealing at board level
* First-class leadership & people management skills
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills with good numerical ability
* Confident & credible amongst clients, suppliers and peers
* A real enthusiasm to deliver excellent service to customers
* You must be prepared to be the "go to person" for high level technical issue's
* On very rare occasions be required to provide post sales consultancy directly to clients
This role is fundamental to the future progress and development of this division and therefore provides a genuinely fantastic opportunity for development and progression.
We require someone who is as passionate about technology as they are about leadership. This is a lively and agile environment that is fast moving and driven.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)