|Job Ref:||204560121||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Salary:||£28000 - £45000/annum £40k negotiable + benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:49|
We have an excellent opportunity to join an MI team for a global organisation based in Surrey, who are looking for 2 MI Analysts to join the team and take responsibility for producing management information, and providing analytical insight.
The role will contribute to the profitable development of the Commercial business by providing analysis and reporting on the monthly performance of the Commercial division; contributing to the development and implementation of Commercial's automated reporting strategy, whilst providing innovative solutions to business opportunities requiring statistical insight.
The successful candidate will either have some experience of SAS and data analysis or will have a 'can do' attitude who is willing to join the team as a junior member and learn the role.
As part of the team you will:
- Liaise with end users to ensure MI meets their requirements
- Prepare and deliver accurate, concise and clear reports, analysis and presentations
- Gather information from different source business systems
-Deliver regular reporting to strict SLAs
- Identify opportunities for MI automation, rationalisation, and improvement
- Take an active role in development and execution of testing
Skills & Experience:
- Proven high degree of numerical ability
- Hands on experience of data exploitation software (SAS, MicroStrategy, SQL, R or similar) for creation and manipulation of data
- Previous experience working with Base SAS and Enterprise Guide - preferable - Able to apply analytical techniques to deliver clear and insightful analysis
- An ability to work with large and complex data sets in a fast growing and complex data environment
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of insurance would be desirable but not essential with experience of Commercial Insurance a distinct advantage.
- Good A-level in a numerate discipline
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a numerate discipline would be desirable but not essential
- SAS Certified Base Programmer - Preferable
- SAS Certified Statistical Business Analyst - Preferable
- CII or working towards desirable
- Acts quickly and effectively to solve problems
- Ability to manage your own workload and manage competing priorities, adapting to changing needs
- Committed to meeting or exceeding customer's needs within a demanding environment
- Self-sufficient but also a team player who is quick to build effective working relationships
- Proactive with an organised and methodical approach, operating with pace, enthusiasm and creativity
- Strong communication and facilitation skills will be required to help identify opportunities; realise business benefits and drive business change
This is a permanent position and would suit a data analyst with strong SAS skills, preferably from a data based environment such as MI or pricing. Please note that we are open to candidates applying at all levels provided they have proven experience in data analytics.
Interviews are taking place soon so please feel free to give me a call on NA / (Apply online only) or email with an up to date CV and we can discuss the role in more detail.