|Job Ref:||204559386||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£25000 - £37000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:49|
Job Title: Back End Developer|
Salary: £25,000 to £37,000
My client is looking for an experienced Back End Developer to join their Development team.
Responsible for working with the Development team to write well designed, efficient code by using best software development practices.
Main duties of the post
* Interpret business requirements and technical specification documents, deliver an appropriate technical solution to agreed quality and timelines
* Perform coding to agreed coding standards
* Provide progress reports on tasks and projects
* Investigate, analyse and document reported defects
* Correct identified defects
* Create, document, and implement unit tests and scripts
* Create and maintain technical documentation using defined templates
* Ensure Github repositories are maintained for allocated tasks.
* Proactively suggest improvements in customer programmes of work to Programme Lead.
* Perform maintenance development
* To be part of an escalation process for technical guidance in the wider development team
* Actively support and mentor less senior members of the development team
* Create business requirement and technical specification documents
* Perform related duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience required
* At least 1 year of development experience working in a development team within a commercial environment.
* Highly motivated with demonstrable technical and analytical skills.
* Desire to further technical skills and knowledge.
* Attention to detail, commitment and desire to complete a consistently high standard of work.
* Intermediate time management skills with the ability to manage own tasks to agreed
timelines with limited supervision.
* Able to clearly communicate design and development decisions with limited assistance.
* Knowledge of best practice and architecture for complex web applications.
* Knowledge of and able to avoid common security issues in web applications.
* Able to articulate technical solutions with minimal assistance.
* Able to design and build technical solutions with minimal assistance.
* Strong communication skills.
* Computer Science based qualification.
* Magento Certified Developer
* Software development experience on an eCommerce platform.
Technical Skills required
* Commercial experience with PHP-based frameworks (eg. Zend Framework, CodeIgniter, Symfony, etc).
* Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code.
* Experience of working with the following technologies:
* PHP (OOP)
* Basic HTML
* Git/other version control (including feature branching, deploying, merging).
* Design Patterns
* Design principles (e.g SOLID)
* New/deprecated feature in releases
* Frameworks (e.g. Zend)
* OpCode Caches
* Developing custom Magento extensions
* Performance improvements
* Application Architecture (e.g. SOA, microservices)
* System Integrations
* MySQL/other RDBMS
* Server tuning
* HTTP Protocol
* Response codes
* Nginx / Apache
* Shell Scripting
* Performance Optimisation
* Application Profiling
* Tools e.g. XHProf, Blackfire
* Full software lifecycle
* SQL Injection
* PCI Compliance
* Automated testing e.g PHPUnit, PHPSpec
* Compilation (e.g. SASS/Less)
* Frameworks (e.g jQuery)