|Job Ref:||204559269||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:49|
This is a 32 HOUR PART TIME 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT|
Package: Competitive basic salary, plus excellent benefits package (including tax efficient company car scheme and Loan Car Scheme, Fuel Card, Roadside Assistance, Pension, 27 Days Holiday, Onsite Occupational Health, Private Health Insurance, Profit Related Bonus, Childcare Vouchers, and more...!).
Closing date for applications: 28th September 2016
Reporting to the Senior Test Lead you will lead the definition and execution of IT change specific test approaches for programmes and projects, taking a lead role on Large and Medium projects. You will work within a project focused matrix environment and report progress on testing activities to the Project Manager.
As a member of a flexible test resource pool, you will be responsible for the definition of the project specific test approach and leading the planning, preparation and execution activities for functional test phases, including but not limited to system test, systems integration test and regression test. You are responsible for ensuring User Acceptance Testing, Performance Testing, Non Functional Testing, Operational Acceptance Testing and Operational Proving Testing are planned and executed as per the Project Test Approach. The role will also encompass the definition of the release level test approach and overseeing the test phases undertaken at release level.
You will also assure the quality of testing undertaken by other teams, e.g. unit testing undertaken by in-house development teams or testing undertaken on VWFS's behalf by external parties.
You will work within the guidelines set out in the VWFS UK Test Strategy and work closely with the User Acceptance Test team in Business Transformation to ensure a smooth handover from functional testing to User Acceptance Test (UAT).
• Define the overall project test approach covering all required test phases (Functional and Non-Functional) in line with the VWFS UK Test Strategy and including those undertaken by other teams and external parties.
• Lead the System Test, Systems Integration Test and Regression test phases for IT change portfolio programmes and projects.
• Analyse design documentation to identify test cases and test scripts.
• Build and maintain the requirements traceability matrix to provide evidence of test coverage.
• Identify test data requirements to run test scripts.
• Identify dependencies between test scripts and other prerequisites to assist with test scheduling.
• Identify the test scripts to be included in regression test packs.
• Execute test scripts; capture evidence and record actual results.
• Support the development teams in understanding the nature of a defect taking time to walk through the steps taken to create the defect if required.
• Produce the Test Phase Approach product including the scope, test coverage (requirements and features to be tested), timeline and key milestones, resource requirements, test environment requirements, data requirements and training requirements.
• Plan test execution activities in line with known constraints and resource availability.
• Coordinate test execution in line with the agreed test schedule and ensure actual test results are accurately recorded.
• Ensure defects are raised in accordance with the defect management process, triaged and passed to the appropriate team for investigation and resolution.
• Monitor test execution progress and produce daily reports for the Project Manager and wider project team.
• Work closely with the User Acceptance Testing team to ensure a smooth handover from System Test/System Integration Test to User Acceptance Test.
• Define the release level test approach in collaboration with the IT Service Delivery teams covering release level Regression Testing, Operational Acceptance Testing and Operational Proving.
• Ensure that work is conducted within the guidelines set out in the VWFS UK Test Strategy.
• Timely escalation of risks and issues to the Project Manager identifying effective solutions or mitigating actions.
• Manage test phase closure and produce the end of phase completion report summarising the results of the test phase and recommending whether or not to proceed to the next test phase or stage.
• Manage, motivate and coach the test analyst pool working under your direction on the same project.
• Support the Senior Test Lead in assuring the quality of testing undertaken by other internal testing teams and third parties through the review of test documentation and actual test results.
Skills and Experience Required
• Demonstrable experience in software testing including the identification of test cases, production of test scripts and test execution.
• Proven experience of leading all testing activities for Large, Medium and Small IT change projects.
• ISEB qualified to Practitioner level in Software Testing.
• Pays attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
• Good working knowledge of the use of HP Quality Centre / ALM
• Strong communication, interpersonal skills and high energy.
• Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels of an organisation.
• Logical approach to the definition and creation of test assets.
• Ability to interpret design documentation and identify test cases.
• Ability to explain technical issues to business stakeholders and development teams.
• Proficient in the development of all levels of test planning/control/monitoring/closure documents and plans. (i.e. Project Test Approach, Phase Level Test Approach, Test Completion Reports)
• Proven experience of managing small teams of internal and external (contractors) expert testing resources