|Job Ref:||204558251||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leamington Spa||Address:||Post Code:||CV32||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:49|
Senior Server Programmer |
We are a leading independent mobile games company that strive to make the most innovative and renowned games in the business. We were founded by a games industry legend and are not bound by the constraints of a publisher. We are free to define our own path and set their own bar high. The company aim is to simply make great games.
The company is growing and looking to add a talented Server Programmer to its expanding workforce.
Role: Server Programmer, multiplayer programmer, games developer, content developer, graphics programmer, engine developer, engine programmer
Experience: NoSQL, Python, MongoDB, Couchbase, Linux, Unix, AWS
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 plus benefits
Benefits: Bonus Scheme, Pension Plan, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Health Insurance, 25 days holiday
Location: Coventry, Leamington Spa, Birmingham, Rugby, Redditch, Stratford-Upon-Avon
Salary and Benefits
* Salary is £30,000 - £45,000 depending upon experience and proven track record plus company benefits and royalties sharing scheme.
* Benefits include private pension, private medical cover and life assurance
* A highly creative atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute daily to important design decisions
As our Senior Games Server Programmer, we need you to deliver high quality, innovative and extremely fun mobile games. You will help lead the design and architecture of our servers and implement server features to robustly support millions of mobile games players.
The systems you create will perform excellently and reliably, whilst being secure and scalable. Your code will need to be demonstrably of the highest quality.
You must have:
* A proven track record of writing high quality database and program code for servers
* An excellent knowledge of highly scalable systems
* Experienced in Python
* Knowledge of Unix, Linux or equivalent development environments
* Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcache or similar)
* 3+ years' experience in games servers or a related industry
* A team player who will contribute daily to developing great games
* Excellent organisational skills
* Lead or management experience of a server team
* Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Experienced in one or more of the common object-oriented server development languages and associated libraries (for example: Java, Scala, C++, C#)
* An avid interest in either console or mobile games, preferably both
* Experience in mobile app industry
* Strong mathematical background
If you are interested in the opportunity to work for this international leading studio call Daniel Johnston on (Apply online only) or email your CV detailing your desired start and salary requirements .
This ad is posted by CV Bay on behalf of a client. All of our Adverts are for live Jobs we're actively recruiting for. We are a UK based Games Recruitment agency. We have dedicated teams and account managers to ensure we give the best possible service. If this particular Advert isn't of interest to you, but you are a Games Professional, please get in touch as we have new roles in on a daily basis