|Job Ref:||204558180||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £70000/annum + Bonus + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:49|
senior Network Engineer|
Reports to: Engineering Team Lead
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 - Depending on experience
A leading MSP are searching for a Senior Network Engineer to assist with a wide range of networking and security projects for our diverse clients across finance, retail, manufacturing and technology.
What Do You Need to Succeed in this Role?
The role requires the following technical skills and experience:
* Creating/modifying device configurations across Cisco switching and routing products,
* Creating/modifying firewall configurations and policies for Cisco ASA and a range of other vendors,
* Excellent troubleshooting skills, with prior experience working as an escalation engineer,
* Working knowledge of dynamic routing protocols including best practice configuration,
* Experience working with service providers and network management platforms (Solarwinds).
This role requires the following operational skills:
* Ability to consistently deliver to deadlines while prioritising competing demands for time,
* You must be professional, hard-working and have the ability to pay attention to detail,
* You must have an understanding of ITIL processes including change management,
* Willingness to share information, improve documentation, and train other engineers,
* Able to meet demands for occasional out-of-hours working and on-call escalation,
* Customer-facing with good report-writing skills and strong communication skills at all levels.
Your skillset should ideally be supported by the following academic and professional qualifications:
* You may have a Diploma or Bachelor's degree in a related field,
* You may have Cisco CCNP R&S certification (highly desirable),
* You may have ITIL Foundation certification