|Job Ref:||204557338||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:49|
N Brown is undergoing a significant transformation programme to become a leading online fashion retailer. We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic Business Analyst to join our technology projects team, working within a dedicated digital centre of excellence. |
This is a unique opportunity to develop your career in a fast moving online retail business, contributing to the planning and success of crucial projects.
As a Business Analyst at N Brown you'll play a pivotal role in our project management lifecycle. The role involves capturing, analysing, validating and documenting business requirements at the start of a project or programme of work. You'll work to develop As-Is and To-Be process definitions and perform process or data analysis for project management activities.
Our Business Analysts are subject matter experts, acting as the primary point of contact for questions, challenges or amendments to requirements throughout the Project lifecycle.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Capturing business requirements; formalising into functional and non-functional requirements and using process flows to ensure clarity
- Leading workshops to understand the needs of stakeholders and facilitating the negotiation of these needs into agreed requirements
- Working with the Solution Architect to perform gap analysis, reporting and highlighting any issues
- Preparation of business cases for requirements, particularly when resulting in customisation of the solution
- Helping the business stakeholders envision the future and how processes and activities will need to change along with IT solution changes
- Assisting business and IT stakeholders in the preparation of user and system test plans, test scenarios and test scripts to ensure the solution meets the business requirements
- Assisting the business and data teams with analysis of data requirements and preparation for programme and project cutovers
- Working within IT to gather estimates and conducting research and feasibility studies into system solutions for business problems or opportunities, feeding back to the business units as appropriate
- Working collaboratively and effectively with colleagues; understanding and adhering to our values
What you'll need to succeed:
We're looking for an accomplished IT Business Analyst with experience of working on varied and large scale projects in a technology environment, ideally gained in retail. You'll be able to demonstrate evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes and writing requirements specifications for Information Systems. Exposure to AGILE methodologies is desirable but not essential.
You should be innovative and motivated with excellent analytical skills to identify creative and cost effective solutions. You'll need strong written and verbal communication skills as you'll be leading workshops with stakeholders from all levels of the business.
You should be a natural and logical problem solver with the ability to think tactically and strategically and you'll also need to be comfortable interacting directly with end users to understand and respond to user needs in rapidly changing business environments.
In return, you'll receive great training, varied and interesting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package
Employees in our business may have access to our customers' personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams