|Job Ref:||204563038||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Salary:||£32000 - £37000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:49|
Software Test Engineer / Functional Test Analyst / York / Salary circa £37k + benefits|
This is an opportunity to join an exciting and growing tech firm in York. This company is a leading Software as a Service and cloud-based platform provider who have grown substantially over the last 12 months and now need an experienced and talented Software Test Engineer / Functional Test Analyst to join them.
You will work alongside other test engineers and in collaboration with developers and support teams to be responsible for testing software delivered to a high quality ensuring that high test coverage is maintained, while working in a multi-disciplinary team.
* Work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams to deliverproject requirements
* Reporting defects and providing progress reports during the testing cycle
* Write cucumber scripts
* Assist in the production of release notes and associated release documentation
* Learn new technologies and be able to apply these within projects as applicable
The Ideal Candidate will have one or more of:
* Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
* Experience or understanding of working within an agile software development environment
* Experience within the full software development life cycle
* Ability to understand business requirements and create acceptance criteria and design test cases.
* Experience of product tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
* Experience with cross browser testing
* Experience in testing with a variety of mobile technologies (iOS, Android)
* Working knowledge of major operating systems, including Windows, OSX and Linux
* Experience of working in a fast-paced commercial environment where products have to be delivered to fixed timescales
* Knowledge of test automation concepts
Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
* Understanding of Behaviour / Test Driven Development (BDD, TDD)
* Understanding of web accessibility issues and appropriate methods for testing these
* Ability to produce quality, reusable and maintainable automated tests
Interviews are being arrange for week commencing 5th September.
Apply now if you are interested
Software Test Engineer / Functional Test Analyst / York / Salary circa £37k + benefits