|Job Ref:||204556211||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum + Car or Allowance (£4,500)||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:45|
Business Analyst - based in Coventry, West Midlands|
Paying up to £50,000 per annum + Car or Allowance (£4,500) + fantastic benefits
A very exciting, global leading software company is looking to appoint an experienced Business Analyst to work in an Agile environment as part of a multi-disciplined team to manage a customer's requirements through its life cycle from initial analysis, documentation and development through to testing.
You will be responsible for communication of any requirements to the project team as well as the wider business audience as necessary, and will be required to mentor and support other Business Analysts.
The Business Analyst will document processes & requirements to ensure smooth workflow, using techniques such as Use Cases, User Stories, Wire Framing, Storyboards and Story Mapping. Fostering an atmosphere of strong communication, whilst building consensus on requirements and priorities on a range of projects. Projects will include augmentation of existing features and products as well as defining new features, products and mobile applications.
• Core Responsibilities include:
• Act as a proxy product owner on behalf of commercial customers, documenting and facilitating the production of innovative retail software solutions.
• Gathering clear and concise requirements, delivery of which provides a solution that meets business requirements and is appropriate for the business benefit received.
• Maintaining scope of, and change to, identified requirements.
• Producing appropriate documentation, including Process Flows.
• Catalogue maintenance and maintenance of supporting documentation.
• Mentoring and/or training other Business Analysts.
• Acting as the key point of contact for the project.
• Driving and contributing to Scrum ceremonies. Identifying harvesting opportunities from other projects/code sources.
• Contributing to the Core Product roadmap.
• Maintaining an awareness of industry standards/development.
• Collaborate with the development team members by identifying acceptance criteria, triaging defects and identifying change requests, contributing to and reviewing testing scripts with Quality Assurance team members, supporting the Quality Assurance Team by conducting testing where appropriate and conducting all Business Analyst user acceptance testing.
• Support the Development Project Manager by assisting with development management, defining the project backlog and sprint backlogs, leading the Agile requirements refinement process, leading Sprint planning, meetings where appropriate and carrying out sprint reviews/demos with the team & customer.
• Build and maintain an excellent relationship with the customer by leading customer demonstrations and workshops, conducting off site visits to the customer, ensuring the solution proposed meets the business purpose/benefit, perform the role of Proxy Product Owner representing the customers' best interests to the Development team and iteratively identifying and refining requirements prior to development.
• Experience of working with project methodologies in an Agile software development environment.
• Good root cause analysis and problem solving skills.
• Strong in all communication skills: verbal, listening and written.
• Enthusiastic and energetic team player who can interact effectively and positively with people of all levels and abilities both internally and externally.
• Strong planning, organising, time and workload management skills, with the ability to delegate work where appropriate.
• Practical and structured approach to all aspects of the job role.
• Agile techniques such as defining user stories & acceptance criteria, story mapping, wire framing.
• Excellent customer focus.
• The ability to take on a Project Lead BA role upon request, delegating work, reviewing documentation and providing estimations where required.
• The ability to work under direction or independently and be self motivated.
• Identifies, understands, communicates and drives change where required.
• Maintains determination and performance under stress.
• Provides balance between customer needs and company operational interests.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency - understands the impact on the customer if there is a delay.
• Demonstrates dedication and a strong sense of customer service.
• Good decision maker with the ability to propose considered and creative solutions to suit both customer needs and strategy.
• Experience of User Experience (UX) design.
• Experience of working within a project team environment.
• Experience of the retail industry