|Job Ref:||204558928||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South West Devon||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:13|
IT Support Analyst required for a progressive company in East Devon|
Reporting to the IT Manager
Are you seeking a new challenge where you will be able to maintain Hardware and Software systems?
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a manufacturing company where you will be able to use your IT Support Analyst skills to the full.
- You will be familiar with virtualised environments and their operation and maintenance combined with extensive knowledge of Microsoft office software and their backend server technology.
- To analyse and solve and seek solutions to problems in an efficient manner, while keeping to the processes and procedures of the department.
- Take on projects that will involve balancing day-to-day support with project objectives.
- Awareness of security principles around the protection of data on systems.
? Understand the fundamentals of the core Business Systems and the likely impact they may have on people and processes.
- Ability to work and cooperate within a small team to achieve team and company objectives.
- To prioritise work inside the scope of the department working practices.
- Liaise and communicate with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Demonstrate a willingness to consider new ways of approaching solutions.
- Suggest and bring new ideas to the team and Company that will improve the current systems and their operation.
Systems Knowledge required:
- Microsoft Server (Windows Server 2008 / 2012)
- Microsoft Windows (XP / 7 / 8 / 10)
- Microsoft SQL (2005 / 2008 / 2012)
- Microsoft Exchange (2007 / 2013)
- Microsoft Office (2007 / 2010 / 2013 / 2016)
- Active Directory
- Visual Studio 2008
- VB Scripting
- Report Writing SSRS / Crystal Reports
- Backup Technology specifically Veeam
- Virus Checking Software and Technologies
- Computer Support (Laptops / Workstations / PCs )
- Networking (Ethernet / Fibre / Hubs / Switches / Routers)
- Experience of ERP Systems preferably Syteline
- Business Intelligence Software
Other Skills / Experience required:
- Knowledge of Programming and structured code writing Web (HTML and VB script based code)
- Ability to learn new programming languages across a diverse system base
- Have analytical and problem solving capability being able to question and answer using an active listening philosophy and have an articulate manner
- To be able to train employees to use systems and hardware in a correct, confident and effective manner
- A willingness to travel abroad to support customers if and when required
Job Ref: AN6377
anew South West are acting as an employment agency