|Job Ref:||204549226||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:45|
2nd line Desktop Engineer (SC Cleared Ideally or eligible to take) - Contract - Cumbria|
A FTSE 100 consultancy company are looking for a Desktop engineer to undertake 2nd line activities in a small team based in Cumbria.
The role will have second line responsibility for resolving incidents and delivering IMAC requests assigned to the EUC Tower and to support equipment sited in the customer's domain.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
* Second line responsibility for resolving incidents in line with the defined incident management process and to agreed service levels - for both hardware and software
* Liaison with Service Desk and Desktop Support Manager to ensure appropriate call assignment to other support areas; third party maintenance, business application support etc.
* Undertaking of IMAC activities, including hardware and software installation
* Undertaking Project based activities in support of both internal and external Project Managers
* Keeping Service Desk updated and informed at all times.
* Keeping Desktop Support Manager informed of any problems or issues arising, escalation as necessary.
* Occasional provision of second line diagnosis and resolution of incidents and faults within the Region or at the customer's remote sites. This will involve travelling to customer locations and remote support.
* Occasional provision of IMAC activities within the Region or at the customer's remote sites. This will involve travelling to customer locations and remote support.
* Flexible working covering hours between (Apply online only) on a rota and Saturday working on rota, and covering overtime as required
* Be part of a support rota working in the US for 1 month in every 4.
Key Accountabilities and tasks
* Call handover as required in line with agreed SLA.
* Troubleshooting hardware - including desktop PCs, Workstations and associated, peripherals
* Troubleshooting Software - including operating systems and desktop applications
* Rebuilding and configuration of PC's, applications and peripheral installation.
* Moves, adds, changes and deletions of the hardware estate to agreed SLA where appropriate.
* Involved in new IT infrastructure implementation projects, moves, adds, changes and deletions to agreed SLA where appropriate.
* Producing documentation in support of incident resolution and hardware and software installation and configuration
* SC Cleared (Ideally or eligible to undertake).
* Good technical knowledge, skills and hands on experience in PC hardware
* Good technical knowledge, skills and hands on experience in PC software - including Windows XP and Windows 7 Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook
* Preferred to have relevant IT Managed Services experience.
* Knowledge of WAN/LAN environment and terminology, IT infrastructure and services would be beneficial
* Experience of Managed Service Provision SLA together with experience of Client's industry would be advantageous
* Exemplary organisation and logistical skills
* Excellent team player
* Working knowledge of ITIL, particularly Service Delivery aspects. Training to Practitioner level will be beneficial.
* Previous experience of a similar role would be beneficial
* Customer focused
Capita Defence & Security Resourcing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Defence & Security Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us