|Job Ref:||204548890||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£50000 - £59999/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:52|
Reqiva are working with one of Oxford's most exciting technology start-ups who require a Python Developer to join their growing team. You will be building a range of platforms and solutions that are capable of receiving, processing, analysing and displaying a huge amount of complex scientific data for use in the healthcare industry. As Python developer, You will be joining a wider team of leading scientists, developers, engineers and data professionals in the delivery of ground breaking technologies.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Work on the creation and development of the core analysis platform for the statistical interpretation of scientific data.
• Work in and drive a highly automated environment - characterised by Continuous Deployment and test driven development
• Add to the ethos of a vibrant software start-up with innovation, hard-work and a true passion for technology
• Work with complex scientific problems which will impact real-world events, helping to create simple solutions for extremely challenging problems.
Skills and Experience:
• Advanced skills in object oriented software engineering: with strong skills in Python development
• Significant experience in working in an Agile environment is required for the role: the company are very positive about Continuous Delivery, User Acceptance Testing and TDD
• Familiarity with other development technologies would be highly advantageous: e.g. Java, C++
• Excellent experience working in an Agile environment (including experience of TDD and testing automation as well as Continuous Integration & Delivery)
• Have commercial experience of working with extremely large datasets
• An excellent academic track record with a BSc minimum (2.1 or above) in a computing, scientific, mathematical or engineering discipline. MScs and PhDs preferred.
• Strong communication skills
Salary: £50 - 59,999 Dependent on Experience
Location: This role is based in central Oxford (within walking distance of the train station). Easily commutable of Banbury, Bicester, Swindon, Newbury, Didcot, Reading, Slough)
If you are looking for other Python developer jobs in Oxford, please get in touch
John Chapman - Infrastructure Technologies Consultant at Reqiva Ltd - (Apply online only) - @JohnReqiva