|Job Ref:||204548790||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£0 - £450/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:45|
Senior Linux Administrator - Contract |
up to £450 / day
Central London - Banking Sector
This is a chance to join one of the world's largest transactional banks. We have received outstanding feedback from individuals that have joined this banking organisation. Perhaps unusual for a bank, this one respects work/life balance. It's an overseas bank with EMEA HQ in London. As an established, trusted recruitment partner we have been asked to identify a Senior Linux Administrator to join on a contract NA successful candidate will be responsible providing Linux Administration services across the EMEA region.
Environment & Skills
- Linux Administration across EMEA
- Linux Architecture / Administration (Red Hat)
- Installation / Configuration of RedHat
- Performance Tuning, Environment Monitoring, Satellite management, high available, backup and data protection, patch and service pack updates, DNS / related technologies
- Delivering specialist knowledge
- Providing 2nd / 3rd line support, environmental tuning, architectural design, product roadmaps
- Investigating problems, collecting performance stats and creating reports
- Configuration, Installation of Linux and related products
- Produce detailed designs for systems architectures
- Infrastructure Lifecycle (Investigation, Analysis, Specification, Design, Construction, Testing, Maintenance, Upgrade / Migration
- Planning upgrades / modifications
- Geo-dispersed active / active application deployment
- ITIL Foundation, Red Hat Certified Engineer, Red Hat Certified Architect
The successful candidate must have exceptional knowledge of Linux Architecture and Administration, specifically focused towards Red Hat. They will ideally be a Red Hat Certified Engineer / Architect and will be ITIL Certified.
Experience within the banking sector (preferably EMEA) is also admirable. This role would suit candidates with the following job titles; Senior Linux Administrator, Senior Linux Support Engineer, Senior Linux Architect, Linux Red Hat Engineer, Red Hat Specialist, Linux Specialist, Red Hat Administrator, Linux Red Hat Administration, Senior Red Hat Specialist.
We will always email you a full role specification, name our client and wait for your email authorisation before we send your CV to this organisation. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906).
Deerfoot IT is acting as a preferred recruitment agency for this vacancy