|Job Ref:||204548673||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£35000 - £43000/annum £35,000 - c£43,000 + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:45|
Our client is seeking a 3rd Line Support Engineer to join their organisation based in Cambridge|
The job role: To ensure that the region's Distributor Service organisations are given technical support and training as required to support the companies installation base and to ensure that any issues are given prompt attention.
1. To communicate technically with Distributors/Service agents and Customers in their region and ensure issues are resolved promptly.
2. To ensure that any on-going issues are escalated promptly to their line management team.
3. To advise on the training requirements of the Distributors/Service Agents and Customers in their region.
4. To ensure that the Distributor and Service agents are working to current documentation and processes and ensure that upgrades are planned fitted and trained.
5. To provide regular reports on Distributor and Service agent performance.
6. To provide regular reports on Customer and Equipment performance.
7. Assist other Distributors/Service agents and Customers in other regions as and when required by the line management team.
8. To make recommendations to the Line manager for service improvements for cost savings and efficiencies contributing to the overall commercial performance of the department.
9. To Supervise necessary resource in within region : Planning Assignments, overseeing work activities etc and ensuring local resource is technically up to date and competent to complete assignments.
10. To become familiar with, and adhere to, the Company and Parent Company processes, policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Experience:
1. Degree/minimum HND in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering and equivalent practical electrical commissioning experience and ability to instruct.
2. A working knowledge of PLCs and ideally Controls
3. Previous experience providing field service support or technical support for a mechanical/electro product.
Commutable from Welwyn, WGC, Hatfield, Ware, Hertford, Hitchin, Stevenage, Letchworth, Baldock, Royston, Huntingdon, Ely, Peterborough, Ely, Norfolk, Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Cambridge, North London
3rd Line Support Engineer - Cambridge