|Job Ref:||204548475||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Camberley||Address:||Post Code:||GU15||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:45|
Every time you pick up the phone, 'surf the net', travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are we have enabled the communications infrastructure to make this happen.|
With annual revenues of over £310 million, telent is a technology services company providing a wide range of network and communications services across a variety of industries, from telecommunications and transport to utilities and the emergency services. We have unique scale, with a large engineering field forces located across the UK; and a track record for quality and delivery that is second-to-none.
We are looking to recruit a proactive and enthusiastic Resilience & Security Advisor to be based out of our Camberley office.
It's likely no two days will be the same. You could be:
* Contributing to the review and update of company processes for security management to meet the changing requirements of the business and ensure continued certification to relevant standards (such as ISO27001:2013) and compliance with Client requirements;
* Carrying out Fire Risk Assessments and supporting the Head of Security & Business Continuity in the management of compliance with relevant Fire Regulations
* Advising on fire safety or physical security matters, and developing security management plans;
* Carrying out planned audits and inspection to ensure that property risks are identified & mitigated by the organisation and achievement of statutory obligations are being met.
* Advising on safe systems of work for changes and improvements to our workplaces.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who is educated to degree level (or has equivalent practical experience). You may have a property risk management, facilities management or security management background. You should have a solid track record in maintaining statutory / compliance programmes, along with sound auditing skills, possible gained in supporting (or developing) certified management systems. A Lead Auditor qualification would be desirable, as would a suitable Health & Safety qualification (such as the NEBOSH General Certificate). A working knowledge of information security and business continuity principles will be extremely useful.
You should be comfortable in assessing a number of different types of risk, and be able to develop risk treatment plans. You need to be confident (and proficient) in using the Microsoft Office suite of products along with document management systems and a number of bespoke business applications.
You will need to have strong stakeholder management skills, and an ability to communicate to varied and diverse audiences. You'll also need a current driving licence.
Please note that due to the nature of the work we do, and who some of our Customers are, you will need to be a British National, and will be required to undergo National Security Vetting to SC level.
Excellent employee benefits
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications