|Job Ref:||204548261||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:45|
Software Engineer |
Are you excited about how digital services are changing the world? Would you like to be a leader in that change? If you have experience of delivering web scale APIs or managed services for connected devices, a world-class supplier of innovative product development engineering, are looking for enthusiastic Software Engineers to join their team
This role will allow you to specify, design, develop and test exciting new software systems for large-scale 'connected device' platforms using a variety of cutting edge technologies.
You will work closely with technical architects and provide input at all stages of the development lifecycle from early concept development through live end user pilots through to the roll-out of live commercial services.
You will be a talented and experienced software engineer with strong knowledge of the underlying principles of computer science. You will be capable of learning new languages and frameworks quickly and be able to apply them to solve complex problems.
* You will have relevant experience of the development of server software systems within large scale, secure platforms servicing millions of users.
* You will have developed highly concurrent, asynchronous server-side components and will be totally comfortable with multi-threaded code.
* You will have extensive experience of implementing 'service oriented' architectures and RESTful services using a variety of technologies and frameworks.
* You will have in depth knowledge and experience of a range of DBMS technologies such as Microsoft and Oracle as well as open source alternatives such as PostgreSQL and MySQL.
* You will have an excellent understanding of systems integration, networking protocols and cloud infrastructure.
* You will have experience of implementing user interface designs for both web and desktop using a variety of technologies and frameworks.
* You will have an excellent degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related numerate discipline.
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
* Experience in connected device projects.
* Experience in software development for highly regulated uses such as medical and financial.
* Experience with or desire to learn NA in a production environment.
* Experience with NoSQL / "Big Data"' stores such as Apache Cassandra and/or MongoDB.
* Experience of software development on smartphone platforms such as iOS and Android.
* Experience in an agile software process.
* Experience leading teams.
In return they offer:
* Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
* Pension scheme
* Life assurance plan
* Private medical insurance
* Travel insurance
* Disability insurance plan
* Free canteen - lunches and refreshments
* 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays
* Relocation assistance if applicable
* Excellent career development and training opportunities
* Flexible working hours
For more information about this specific role please contact our Glasgow Office