|Job Ref:||204547656||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hatfield||Address:||Post Code:||DN7||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:49|
Ocado Technology is building a world class and highly innovative retail and fulfilment platform which makes heavy use of wireless technology. The Wireless department is focused on building the communication systems, services and tools required to deliver business functionality to our global business partners. We are currently recruiting for a Team Leader of our existing Wireless team focusing on machine-centric applications within the Wireless group.|
The Wireless team is already well established and has been delivering and supporting business critical systems for a number of years. With continued growth we are now splitting out the IoT functions into a separate team and seek a Team Leader to manage and lead this group.
We work with a wide variety of stakeholders from all parts of the business to design and deliver robust, resilient and highly scalable solutions. The successful candidate for this role will continue to drive these high standards forward, while collaborating closely with our sister team in the networking area to support the ongoing innovation of Ocado's logistics platform. One example of the work we undertake is detailed in a video which can be seen here.
As a Team Leader you will have experience of working in fast paced and dynamic teams, co-operating closely with Project Managers in a highly collaborative environment. The team are delivering to the requirements of our stakeholders and the overall vision of the Infrastructure department.
This is a technical role, so will require proven experience, ideally within a large enterprise environment and the ability to both communicate, deliver and support the solutions being developed by the team. At the same time, the role will require you to develop and manage an autonomous and highly effective team, working with individual team members to develop their skills and with the team as a whole to define and develop the technical solutions they will be responsible for.
You will be working closely with other teams in the field of Logistics Development and Engineering to design warehouse automation solutions and provide input when solving wireless communication challenges, as well as more traditional Infrastructure teams, so some background in delivering and maintaining operational systems is a core requirement for this role.
- Sound understanding of RF principles such as Antennas and Propagation
- Ability to generate theoretical models, conduct channel sounding work and develop link budget assessments
- Experience of wireless product development and the full product lifecycle
- Proven experience managing, mentoring and running a technically focused team
- Demonstrable troubleshooting expertise such as packet analysis, RF surveys, etc
- Ability to develop, document and communicate Low Level Design documentation
- Knowledge of the full TCP/IP stack and a higher view of all the connecting pieces (e.g. DHCP, DNS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with, directing and training field engineering teams
- Demonstrable software development and/or scripting abilities
- Commitment to supporting and maintaining solutions on an ongoing basis
- Appreciation of security, reliability, scalability and availability requirements
- Provide last-line support for production systems
- Able to utilise Matlab to simulate and model all aspects of a wireless system
- In depth understanding of relevant EU regulations
- Analogue Radio Hardware design
- Experience of authoring DSP software
- Development or scripting; Java/Python/Django preferred
- An appreciation for DevOps methods (communication, collaboration, integration & automation)
- Continuous delivery approaches and mindset
- Linux system administration
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven't even thought about yet; so we'll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what's never been done before. While red tape's conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary and share schemes, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery). We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and many more) not to mention our frequently used football table.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change