|Job Ref:||204546768||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Warwickshire||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:53|
Are you a database administrator with experience of Oracle and SQL Server?|
We are looking for database administrators with at least 2 years' experience to work for our client based in Warwickshire. If you have experience of designing, developing and implementing solutions and are keen to work in an operations based environment then this is the job for you.
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
* Provide specialist database (Oracle and SQLServer) expertise to I.T teams to assist in the delivery of Project lifecycle artefacts (Solutions overviews, P.I.D's, Project briefs, Supplier reviews) including Development teams for solution enhancements and performance tuning.
* Provide specialist database (Oracle and SQLServer) expertise to Development eams to assist in the delivery of performant, optimised, resilient solutions and enhancements.
* Undertake and document the detailed Technical design of infrastructure solutions to meet Project objectives.
* Build, configure, enhance and implement databases or database technology required to meet Business Change or Infrastructure Upgrade projects within the timescales agreed with the Project Manager
* To ensure that all solutions consider security, capacity planning, contingency and support in line with current published policies.
* Assist in the production and maintenance of technical documentation and operational procedures as required.
* Ensure the effective delivery and transition of solutions into Service Operations.
Must have knowledge of:
* Knowledge of systems management procedures in a large 24/7 commercial, mission-critical environment.
* Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring.
* Change control, release procedures and tools.
* ITIL based service management framework
Must have the following key skills:
* Oracle RDBMS
* Dataguard and high availability.
* RMAN backup and recovery.
* Performance tuning and monitoring.
* SQL Server Database (2005, 2008, 2012) installation & management
* E-business suite (HR/Finance)
* Experience of Oracle based applications (both backend and mid-tier).
* Experience of running bespoke .NET applications running on large Oracle databases.
* Oracle Application Server (forms and reports).
* Netezza Data Warehouse appliance and change data capture.
Other essential information:
* Available for out-of-hours support, on a rota basis.
* Able to work under pressure.
* Thorough, with a good attention to detail
* Flexible approach to working hours to meet own objectives and assist colleagues in meeting their objectives