|Job Ref:||204546513||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||B30||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:44|
What is the role?|
• Our client are offering an excellent opportunity for an individual to join us, to assist in building and delivering new Web services to our global network of travel agents and customers.
• Initially the role will report into the IT Director, but once the permanent team has been established, reporting into the Head of IT.
• You will be responsible for the improving the current websites, all of which are developed in the (url removed) Framework with the MVC Model.
• You will be Razor sharp on C#, whizzy with WSDL and ensure you get plenty of RESTful integration working!
• And if you're switched on by LAMP stacks, then you may fulfil your desire to be enlightened by the challenges and options facing the future of our architectures.
• If you're not pressed for words already, Redirect that Knowledge of WordPress to us.
• Working within a team, you will fix on fail the here and now, then flourish in the future, bringing a passion and flair to your development responsibilities.
What our client want you to do:
• Operating within a small company, the role will be extremely visible, challenging and rewarding. You will be engaged upfront with internal and external customers alike.
• You will drive workshops that define a coherent set of designs across existing and new architectures.
• You will help develop a set of blueprint design and design principles upon which future integrated services can be delivered.
• You must develop strong and effective working relationships with other teams and suppliers.
• You will ensure consistent processes are operated and improved with your input and wisdom.
• You have to be dynamic in style, pragmatic in results.
How our client want you to do it:
• Keep things simple in everything you do.
• Be enthusiastic to learn all aspects of the business, make an impact beyond your role.
• Treat the company as if it is yours.
• Look to make the right decisions for the whole business, not just your area.
• Work with various teams in a collaborative manner.
• Proactively think of how you can improve or grow our business every day.
• Resolve issues, before they become issues.
• Openly share your views in a truthful and constructive way.
• Ask for help when you need it.
• Deliver best-in-class quality as the norm.
• Embody a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
• Look to develop yourself and others.
• Bring positive energy, even when things get tough.
• Delivery and priorities can change rapidly, so you will need to demonstrate a flexible working approach.
The kind of person our client are looking for:
• Proficient with Bootstrap, .NET Framework, HTML, HTML5, XHTML and CSS mark-up.
• Demonstrable high quality record of working as a web Developer on B2B and B2C platforms and architectures that deliver to challenging time scales within an Agile Development Methodology.
• Experience of teams and engaging with technical resources spanning more than one country.
• An excellent understanding of current and emerging web architectures and design/development of online charging and rating systems and integration across multiple platforms and browsers.
• Experience delivering design models and end-to-end solution designs within a complex eCommerce environment, preferably utilising IIS deployment environment.
• Consistent QA approach to development work packages and utilisation of version control tools.
• Experience working with integration of third party businesses, HTML Email best practice and OO.
• Ability to present to and influence a wide variety of audiences, from technical teams to director level.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal communications, with a high degree of literacy and numeracy.
• A passion for quality technical designs and architectures, coupled with a pragmatic approach to design that will ensure effective solutions.
• Burning desire to drive change and improve our ways of working.
• Loves a challenge and gets bored with the status quo; entrepreneurial and ready to step into the unknown and turn ideas & innovation into reality.
• Confident enough with own ability to make own decisions and act on them but humble enough to accept what they don't know and ready to learn.
• Self-motivated and optimistic.
• Ready to challenge and be challenged yet adaptable if a better way forward is identified.
• Hungry to succeed with a can-do attitude and driven by the desire to get the best collective result for the team.
• No interest in corporate politics or political behaviour.
• Good listener, open to considering and generating new ideas.
• Contributes to success before the fact rather than saying ?I knew that wouldn't work? afterwards.
• Enjoys doing things for the better, especially for the customer