|Job Ref:||204545869||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Crewe||Address:||Post Code:||CW2||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:44|
Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 5QR
(Full home working possible once proven. Must be in a commutable location for periodic meetings and thus likely to live within a 1 hour commuting radius)
£30,(Apply online only) - £45,(Apply online only) (DOE)
In this fulltime function, you will act as one of the members of a multifaceted and multicultural team that performs this software based R&D within the context of these large-scale European and National projects. Being part of this environment means having the chance to work with state-of-the-art technologies at the heart of Future Internet, Factories of the Future, Internet of Things, Big Data and other European Industry and Technological strategic initiatives particularly in areas such as H2020 R&D programmes. As a senior you will report directly to the Senior Project Manager lead and CEO and for non-Senior to the relevant senior lead.
As a Senior Developer you will have the following skills and attributes:
* As Intermediary you should at least have 3-4 years of experience
* Experience with source code management systems such as GIT and agile working practices
* Ability to think for yourself, come up with options, ideas and solutions and not just 'follow the spec'
* You have a portfolio that shows a clear interest in cutting edge technologies
* You like to build practical, useful software
* You don't mind traveling on an incidental basis, to meet our European partners
Senior Developer Benefits
* A challenging job in an international and multicultural environment
* A competitive salary
* An opportunity to apply cutting edge technologies
* An opportunity to work with leading IT companies and Universities
* An opportunity for flexible working
* Be a leader not a follower
* A focus to be a coder still (ie not a manager but perhaps a future manager)
* 21 days of paid leave
* After a 1-2 month 'getting to know you' period, there is a full possibility of working all days in your home office with periodic 'touch-base' commute to a central location
Example of projects
CREMA: Aims at simplifying the establishment, management, adaptation, and monitoring of dynamic, cross-organisational manufacturing processes following Cloud manufacturing principles. CREMA will develop the means to model, configure, execute, and monitor manufacturing processes, providing end-to-end support for Cloud manufacturing by implementing real systems and testing and demonstrating them in real manufacturing environments. ICEs role in CREMA, as well as originating the proposal, is in Big Data, Data Analytics, Data Harmonisation/Semantics/ETL, and Process Execution/ESB/Workflow.
[XXX - TBD]: The goal of the Project is to develop an Open Operating System for Virtual Factories composed by a Virtual Factory System Kernel, a Virtual Factory Application Programming Interface and a Virtual Factory Middleware specifically designed for the factory of the future. An Open Applications Development Kit will be provided to software developers for deploying Manufacturing Smart Applications for industrial users, using the Manufacturing Applications Store at the Virtual Factory Platform. As coordinator ICE is involved in most of these activities.
[XXX - TBD]: The goal of the Project is to provide an open platform, tools and services that allow European companies to create and operate collaborative networks across the value chain. The project will develop novel collaboration and management concepts and implement a collaboration platform and related tools for the setup and coordination of the collaboration networks. In particular the project addresses the integration of non-traditional, small but innovative companies or service providers into the complex supply chain of large OEMs. The project will significantly reduce the burden to setup production networks and collaboration between SMEs, will shorten the time to jointly respond to business opportunities and to enter supply chains of large manufacturers and will simplify the management and control of the production and logistics
If you feel you are the right person for our Senior Developer position, please apply now