|Job Ref:||204545758||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£40000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:13|
At SCC we empower our people and customers to excel and put excellence into action every day. Everyone who works here has the opportunity to inspire progress and realise ambitions.|
We are SCC - great things happen when we work together.
SCC is Europe's largest independent IT infrastructure and Solutions business. As Managed Services Provider of the year 2015, we are the leading strategic partner to all major technology vendors. With over 5,000 employees across Europe, we support in excess of 5 million users across more than 2500 customers in 50 countries. We have even won awards and are in the Tip 3 for UK Data Centre and Cloud Services.
Through our devotion to make IT work for our customers to improve the way they do business, there has over been a better time to join our highly effective, lean and fast-moving business. As a driver of innovation and opportunity, we are looking for talented individuals who want to accomplish ambitions we at SCC can make possible.
Overall Job Purpose:
To provide excellent BAU technical support to our customer base in various technologies, mainly Microsoft. Working within a fast paced technical support environment, providing support to junior colleagues as required.
All Candidates will need to be security cleared this will be completed via Disclosure Scotland Checks and BPSS clearance. We will clear any suitable candidates
Main Duties of the Job:
• Assist engagement with customers to ensure support of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer
• Assist and support the process to lead the customer to create an IT strategy and technology roadmap
• Assist line manager in the requirements gathering process and pre-sales phase including due diligence, SoW and solution proposals
Design & Architecture
• Contribute to the design of platform service and customer infrastructures from conception to completion.
• Assist such that designs are end to end, fit for purpose and can be abstracted for multiple views and audiences
• Assist on the creation of technical architectures stretching across the entire breadth of the IT estate for Data centre platform services and customers alike.
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of products roadmaps and versions
• Contribute to the implementation of customer projects into the datacentre and at customer sites
• Ensure all projects adhere to established standards and frameworks
• Ensure all internal processes are adhered throughout the implementation projects
Planning & Transition
• Lead on handover and acceptance into service for all new implementations and enhancements/upgrades
• Lead on the creation, approval and quality standards of all technical project documentation and CMDB configuration items
• Lead workshops and training sessions with support staff to facilitate handover to BAU operations
• Lead on activities and tasks relating to the creation and publishing of Due Diligence reports for customer and data centre technology estates
Standards & Guidelines
• Contribute to the management of technology platforms across the datacentre technology portfolio
• Contribute to the continuous improvement programmes of all technology platforms across the datacentre
• Act as a technical escalation point for major incidents related to the service delivery from the datacentre and customer sites
• Act as a mentor and coach to BAU staff as directed by line management
• Creation of technical documentation for all platform services for the data centre and for customer sites as directed
• Ensure technical documentation is completed to a professional standards
• Lead on the creation of document standards focussing on content, branding and quality
• Lead on the configuration of all technical documentation to include version control and uniform site structure
• Support the process to ensure all project updates, changes and implementation are communicated to the team and customer where necessary
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with enterprise technology stacks and an appreciation for the support and service required to maintain those stacks. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and priorities.
• Good knowledge of core Microsoft technologies - AD, DNS, IIS, MSCS etc
• Good knowledge of the network stack - routing, firewall, DNS etc
• Knowledge of SSL certificates
• Understanding of virtualisation
• Knowledge of server hardware - RAID, BIOS, firmware etc
• Minimum 2 years' experience providing support to enterprise level clients
• Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical problems and incidents
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills (phone and email)
• Willingness to travel (when required)
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Experience with other Microsoft products such as SQL, Exchange, SCCM, SCOM etc
• Experience with Citrix products
• Appropriate certifications in core technology platforms (MS, VMWare, LPIC, IBM)
• Experience working on a multi-tenant cloud platform or for a managed service provider
• Experience with backup products such as NetBackup, BackupEXEC etc
• Experience with IBM Storage
• Experience with Linux OS (RedHat preferable)