|Job Ref:||204545456||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£169/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:54|
This is fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work with experienced employees and develop your future career|
You will be working for...
A company that has been providing IT support and services since 1998, initially acting on a Consultancy and Project Management basis for major multi nationals including, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sky, Scottish Enterprise and the Clydesdale bank. In 2005, they took a different approach and added several new services allowing them to concentrate on delivering corporate IT services to the small, medium sized business sector along with the voluntary sector. They pride themselves in being a family run independent company and their business has thrived on customer recommendation.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job...
As an IT apprentice you will be assisting on many duties and projects. This will be a hands on role and at times a fast paced environment. The apprentice will be expected to do the following initially with the help from the team:
- Working as part of a team within a busy IT support helpdesk environment
-Responding to IT support requests (telephone, email and via helpdesk software)
- Carrying out IT maintenance tasks on client systems
- Network monitoring and alerting solutions
- Carrying out basic troubleshooting/diagnostic/repairs on IT systems (remotely and in lab, under supervision)
- Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the post
Daily working hours: Monday Friday 9am-5.30pm
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
-Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
- Vendor qualifications - Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Centre (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 - 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn't for you)- * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Who should apply...
- Someone who has a keen interest in computers and technology
- Someone with a strong desire for learning and personal development
-Someone with good communication (verbal and written) skills
-Someone who is a quick learner and responds well to new tasks
-Someone who is well organised and able to work with a high degree of accuracy
-Someone who is dependable, self-motivated and has the ability to work independently
- Someone who is good team player who can work productively with colleagues
The successful candidate must have at least 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
For the successful candidate there is potential progression onto more technical role.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached