|Job Ref:||204545405||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£175/week||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:19|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company. Apply now and don't delay!|
You will be working for...
A leading open source software collaboration in the ARM ecosystem - our work is used in all Android devices, including smartphones, and other Linux-based ARM Powered systems. Engineers from the world's leading technology companies work in a company alongside our own employees in a globally diverse and distributed organization. This is a unique opportunity to help these engineers share and shout about their work and learn about open source and how it is developing.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Develop and maintain the company web properties, including Linaro, 96Boards and OpenDataPlane, establishing links with social media and automate maintenance wherever possible.
- Coordinate with IT and overseas colleagues to ensure global accessibility is good and sites are secure and reliable.
- Support the company Connects twice a year - normally held once in Asia and once in the US. Requires a week away from the UK for each event, but gives the opportunity to meet everyone at t and our member companies, enjoy a high-class hotel for a week and see other locations.
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment, covering: Object-oriented programming (OOP), SQL data modelling, Web and systems development, Event-driven programming.
You will gain City & Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems & Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) in software development fundamentals.
Who should apply...
- Someone who is a fast learners who have a creative approach to problem solving
- Someone who is able to work independently and show initiative will be beneficial
- Someone with experience with web programming, Wordpress and social media and a passion for developing these skills is essential
- Someone with ideally 7 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
Developing our web properties is an evolving task that we expect to continue growing in importance and spawning new opportunities
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuringfairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
It only takes a minute to apply for a IT apprenticeship with QA and begin you're an IT career with great prospects today.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached