|Job Ref:||204545099||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Greater London||Address:||Salary:||£199/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:54|
This is a brilliant position for an enthusiastic and eager-to-learn individual to start their career with an exciting apprenticeship. Apply today to kick-start your career!|
You will be working for...
A small company that provides data tools and services to banks and insurance companies in the UK's financial service industry. Services are mainly consultancy on data management (e.g. data modelling, data quality design, data lineage), and data architecture. Company's data tools are focused in the data lineage area, and utilise leading edge technology such as graph databases, semantic parsing, and natural language processing (NLP). They are seeking to train up to six apprentices in 2016 to meet a growing demand for data management services. To help guide this growth, they have partnered with another data management consulting firm who have successfully trained more than twenty young data people, and placed them with various clients in the UK financial that deals with big corporations and banks, offering fantastic training, experience and career growth.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be doing...
- Design and implement graph databases to meet specific business requirements, and technical performance considerations: populate graph databases with data and design graph queries to create insightful graph visualisations.
- Data lineage design and implementation: Map existing metadata, for any source, to company's data lineage model and demonstrate and implement company's data lineage solution
- Data definition and modelling: create unambiguous definitions for data; measure the quality of data definitions; read and create data concept models
- Relationship database structured query language (SQL): understand and create a basic relational database design; use SQL to query a relational database to extract data
- Software Development (e.g. C-sharp, Python, MySQL): assist the development of a data management platform, and lead development of some components
- Data quality design and implementation: create a basic data quality strategy; design data quality rules to measure the quality of data
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment, covering: Object-oriented programming (OOP), SQL data modelling, Web and systems development, Event-driven programming.
You will gain City & Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems & Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) in software development fundamentals. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning £40k in the IT sector.
Who should apply...
Individual that are likely to enjoy science and game type pursuits, including: gaming strategy, computer programming, maths problems, and 'how the world works' questions. Successful candidate should also ideally have 7 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally, may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached