|Job Ref:||204544931||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||East Grinstead||Address:||Post Code:||RH19||Salary:||£187/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:54|
Do you have a real interest in all things IT? Have you programmed in any language? Have you messed about with the Web? If you have a logical mind and a leaning towards coding & problem solving, then this opportunity might be for you!|
You will be working for...
A Software Development, Web & Telecoms company based in West Sussex.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Logging & Monitoring support issues within the Tracking system, ensuring that all relevant information is captured and correctly prioritised
- Analysing issues & identifying problems & proposing actions
- Coding solutions
- Creating a Testing Plans for Problem resolution & regression testing
- Ensuring that all issues are kept up to date and the IT Manager is informed of the progress
- Managing varying workloads and prioritisation of tasks and work orders
You will be trained on:
- The methods & programming languages to fulfil the above duties - including further training where necessary
- How to liaise directly with a diverse range of end users from multiple departments
- How to meet company service standards and turnaround times?
- Effective communication skills
Working hours: Mon-Fri 9-5pm 37.5 hours
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Fundamental Programming and IT System
What qualifications will you gain?
- Level 3 qualifications (equivalent of a- level educational level), City and Guilds level 3 diploma in ICT systems and principles and City and Guilds level 3 diploma in ICT professional competence
- Level 4 qualifications (equivalent of first year of degree study) City and Guilds level 4 diploma for ICT professionals -systems and principles, City and Guilds level 4 diploma in ICT professional competence
- Vendor qualifications - MTA mobility and device fundamentals, MTA networking fundamentals, MTA cloud, fundamentals CompTIA network+ (ex am optional)
24 - 28 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after 12-15 months if you find that the training/role isn't for you)
Who should apply...
- Someone with the aptitude/ability to meet company service standards and turnaround times
- Someone with strong communication skills
- Someone who is fluent in spoken and written English
- Someone who technical aptitude - the ability to learn new technologies quickly (full training will be provided where required)
- Someone with the aptitude/ability to work in an organised manner, under pressure and methodically
- Someone with the aptitude/ability to work pro-actively whilst multi-tasking and within a team environment
- Someone who is flexible to cover extended hours where necessary
- Someone who is organized, customer focused, natural problem solver, has good initiative, meticulous, flexible and IT savvy
The successful candidate should ideally have ideally 7 GCSEs (C and above) including Maths and English.
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
Opportunities for sustained and permanent employment may exist for the right candidate.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT Software apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT Software career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached