|Job Ref:||204544722||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Gloucester||Address:||Post Code:||GL1||Salary:||£39000 - £44000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:53|
Data Architect - Gloucester|
Salary £39,000 to £44,000 plus excellent benefits package
One of the UK's largest banks currently has an opening for a Data Architect. The focus of the role will be to meet with the business to elicit and document detailed business requirements, completing necessary analysis of data and delivering the functional design for new business intelligence solutions and development enhancements on the Mortgage & Savings Data Warehouse.
As a Data Architect you'll work collaboratively with the others colleagues in the data warehousing team, and would ideally have the ability to work across all stages of the development lifecycle when required.
To be a success in the role we'll need you to show proven experience of delivering requirements and functional designs on data warehouse projects, we will also need you to have experience in data analysis, including being able to query data using SQL.
Added to this you'll need to demonstrate experience of data modelling (relational & dimensional modelling), the development lifecycle and good knowledge of data warehouse and business intelligence tools and technologies. If you have practical knowledge of using PL/SQL this would be a bonus.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity and you want to have a role that matters, then please get in touch.
* To elicit requirements for new and changing business requirements on the Data Warehouse
* Perform source data analysis and profiling
* Produce functional specifications detailing the transportation and manipulation of data from source to target
* To deliver to agreed deadlines, quality and cost criteria with modest guidance and supervision, ensuring that risks and issues are effectively managed.
* Produce and maintain the logical BI data warehouse data models
* Ensure appropriate Data Governance controls are followed for all solutions
* Supporting in oversight of team output, e.g. Reviewing functional specifications
* Supporting in shaping and delivering the Data Architecture team strategy
* Coaching and mentoring other team members
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
GB Solutions - Independent Recruitment Specialists acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
For 16 years GB Solutions has provided an unrivalled service whilst developing a team of specialist consultants providing permanent, contract and temporary staff across a vast number of industries. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards