|Job Ref:||204544619||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Basildon||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£250/week||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:20|
Are you hoping to gain a footing in the IT industry in a highly competitive job market? If this sounds like you, consider an apprenticeship. Put yourself in the driver's seat and fast-track your future career, today.|
You will be working for...
The global technology leader in payment technology and service solutions, providing secure and innovative services to more than six million merchants and financial institutions around the world. This role is as an IT Apprentice within Global Infrastructure Operations (GIO) based in the Basildon office. They have built a strong presence in the UK and Ireland serving many major names in the banking and retail sector, successfully employing apprentices as part of the 2,000 plus employees in Basildon, Dublin and Glasgow.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Responsible for the design, delivery and support of off-host applications
- Responsible for the management of supplementary Fraud and Risk Management products
- Designing and deploying enterprise-level business or technical applications using Eclipse Java/J2EE, Spring Framework, Apache Wicket, AngularJS, JSON, HTML5, Hibernate etc.
- Implementing web services, web service interfaces and processes as services, which would include WSDL, XSD, XML, SOAP Marshaling, , Spring Web Service API, etc. in high computing platforms like Unix/Linux
- Using Gerrit / GIT, Jenkins / Gradle, Struts, etc.
- Developing Web & Application servers (Apache and JBoss preferred); Experience in clustered server environments will be advantageous.
- Mobile phone application development and support
- Using a variety of Applications such as Microsoft Windows and SUN technologies
Global Application Delivery (GAD) are responsible for the full systems development life cycle as well as production support of the First Data Issuer Platform known as First Vision, which provides card processing services to clients in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) market. The First Vision platform consists of the world renowned transaction card processing platform VisionPLUS. This is complemented by a number of surround applications providing a variety of internal and external client facing applications, together with customer communication materials and consumables.
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment, covering: Object-oriented programming (OOP), SQL data modelling, Web and systems development, Event-driven programming.
You will gain City & Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems & Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) in software development fundamentals. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning £40k in the IT sector.
Who should apply...
- Someone with excellent communication, analytical and English skills
- Someone who is familiar with software design and development methodology would be advantageous
- Someone with ideally 3 x A levels or equivalent, including a STEM subject
- Someone who can work autonomously
- Someone who can work effectively within an established team
- Someone with the ability to prioritise and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Someone who is willing to work flexible work hours
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
The apprenticeship is an 18-24 month program designed to allow candidates to become programmers on java and Microsoft technologies. Apprentices will join a fast paced software development team working on creating next generation payment products. At the end of the apprenticeship successful candidates will progress to roles within the Vision Access Build Team within GAD.
It only takes a minute to apply for Software & Web Development apprenticeship with QA and begin your Software & Web Development career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached