|Job Ref:||204544601||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£150/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:53|
Are you a progress driven individual? Are you looking to further your career with a qualification? If so look no further. Start an apprenticeship today. Apply now!|
You will be working for...
A company which provides tailored software solutions to professional services organisations and specialises in the legal sector.
We provide unique, leading edge software that links and enhances commonly used Microsoft and enterprise legal software systems to help drive productivity and improve effectiveness for clients on a day to day basis.
With over 15 years of experience and expertise gained within the legal sector, we offer law firms tailored and specialist IT advice and solutions.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this role you will...
- Produce quality software fit for purpose in a timely and cost effective manner to specification
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of our own products, and custom built client applications
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues
- Assist other members of the team with application installation and testing
- Deal with Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Participate in Agile development methodologies with regular SCRUM's and sprints
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects
Starts with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment, covering: Object-oriented programming (OOP), SQL data modelling, Web and systems development, Event-driven programming.
You will gain City & Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems & Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) in software development fundamentals. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning £40k in the IT sector.
Who should apply...
- Someone with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Someone with the ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities
- Someone with Microsoft Certifications
- Someone with ideally 7 GCSEs (C and above) including Maths and English
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT Software and Web Development apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for a IT Software and Web Development apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT Software and Web Development career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached