|Job Ref:||204549783||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum Excellent Package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:20|
SQL Database Developer |
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a SQL Developer to join a market leader specialising in providing software solutions to financial institutions across the globe. This premier opportunity will see the chosen SQL Systems Developer join a leading group working within the lifecyle development of applications covering databases using SQL Server.
With a host of projects your responsibilities include modifying existing databases and applications, implementing additional functionality and analysing the document processing process. The latter may involve engineering support for the processing of rare file types and other out of the box requests. This encompasses a variety of tasks which are generally achieved by using T-SQL and C# programming. There is a strong focus on database work, with many of the tasks involving the manipulation and presentation of data.
What will I be doing?
* Working with databases using MS SQL T-SQL and other MS SQL tools to solve and create the processes required to meet the client or business requirements.
* Creating quick turnaround and bespoke C# tools to meet client or business requirements.
* The technologies used are continually being developed and refined by development teams in the US. Therefore a key requirement is the ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes.
* Ensure that the custom procedures, processes and tools developed are documented to an appropriate level.
* Assisting with the migration of data from both internal and external systems.
What skills & experience will I need?
* Previous experience in a SQL database development/support environment
* Strong T-SQL developer skills ( stored procedures/functions ) along with some DBA knowledge with MS SQL Server (2005 / 2008 R2)
* Net programming knowledge using C#
You will be a dynamic, hands on individual who can think on their feet with a business focus alongside a technology perspective