|Job Ref:||204549422||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Salary:||£38000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:37|
Leading Manufacturer of Medical Devices based in Cambridge requires a Software Engineer.|
The primary function of this role is:
• To contribute to research and development activities
• To ensure the quality of software in products.
• To develop, maintain and support software across the product range
• To maintain a suite of unit test cases and consider ideas for continuous improvement.
• To find, investigate, report and resolve software issues (bugs) to help drive the continuous improvement of products
• To collect and present software development related metrics
• To work within and contribute to the software development process
• To contribute and review in the development of Software Requirements and design across all projects
• To contribute to FMEA/Risk analysis process
• To co-ordinate the work of others in the Software Development process
• To liaise with 3rd party contractors on software development activities
• Develop reliable and robust software using C# for embedded Windows CE6 (WPF) and Windows 7, ideally within the framework of IEC 62304
• Develop, execute and maintain unit tests with NUnit and other tools.
• Work within a multi-disciplinary team to meet the needs of the development project
• Familiar with the use of Requirement Management software, ideally IBM Rational DOORS, and industry practices of requirements definition
• Familiar with software issue (bug) tracking software and the related processes
• Familiar with version control software and practices
• Logical and methodical
• Focused on quality
• A persistent attention to detail
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Minimally, GCSE Grade C and above in Science/Technology
• Ideally a Higher level Educational qualification in a technical field
• Experience of Software Development in the development of medical products, ideally medical diagnostics, blood gas; or other highly regulated industry. Experience across multiple project lifecycles and multiple platforms would be highly advantageous spanning at least 2 years (continuous or cumulative).
• Experience of working within an R&D environment supporting and updating currently fielded systems
• Experience of responding to customer issues in relation to fielded systems
• Experience of working with quality systems e.g. ISO13485