|Job Ref:||204544574||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Gloucester||Address:||Post Code:||GL1||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:55|
Deputy IT Systems Manager - Gloucester|
Circa £20,000 - £25,000 DOE
Working Hours - Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm, 40 Hours per week
A family owned, independent ophthalmic company are looking for hands on system support engineer join their small but busy IT team. The successful applicant will start off as an IT Deputy System Manager and it is envisaged that in the medium term you will take on a leading role eventually taking over from the IT Manager.
This is a physically demanding role, working within a factory/ production line environment supporting the company's Windows / Server environment and bespoke production systems. The ideal candidate will be business orientated and will have ideally have worked in production support or have been a system support or helpdesk engineer previously. The ability to prioritize workload is essential as it can be a reactive role and applicants should be happy working with both software and hardware. A background in manufacturing, optical or military services would be beneficial.
* Legacy software
* Microsoft Packages
* Windows servers (Apply online only)
* Assisting 100+ end users
* Supporting user hardware and responding to staff requests for IT and Comms support
* Server Administration in conjunction with network support for the company
* Liaison with other IT/Comms suppliers
* Managing secure network access for remote users
* Liaising with current Laboratory management systems contractors, to support production in the upgrading of these systems across the business
* Testing and modifying systems to ensure that they operate reliably
* Implementing and managing system security
* Maintaining procedures to ensure data recovery
* A formal IT qualification or relevant experience
* Previous experience in a support role, within a manufacturing environment
* Team leadership experience
* Good communication skills
* Occasional work may be required outside the normal working day
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
GB Solutions - Independent Recruitment Specialists acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
For 16 years GB Solutions has provided an unrivalled service whilst developing a team of specialist consultants providing permanent, contract and temporary staff across a vast number of industries. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards