|Job Ref:||204544427||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£187/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:55|
This is a brilliant IT apprenticeship opportunity to join a company that offers developmental opportunities to all their staff members. Apply now and don't delay!|
You will be working for...
A Global software company who have been developing software and services for not-for-profit organisations for over 30 years. It is a great market to work in and they are immensely proud that their expertise is helping over 27,000 customers accomplish their missions. They are committed to developing the careers of their employees, in all professions, through learning and mentoring programmes. And they do it all in an environment that values teamwork, diversity and philanthropy.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Serving a vital role within our existing world class customer support team
- A key member of the team and will be tasked with providing first line customer support for our peer to peer fundraising platforms
- Liaising with colleagues and provide reports on weekly activity from a variety of CMS systems
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
- Vendor qualifications - Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Centre (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent To Second Year Of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 - 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn't for you)- * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Who should apply...
- Someone who has excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and workloads
- Someone who has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Someone who has the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Someone who is adaptable and flexible in approach to work required
- Someone who shows willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
- Someone who has at least 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English
- Someone with real passion for customer service and previous experience of content management systems would be hugely beneficial
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuringfairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached