|Job Ref:||204544372||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Salary:||£250/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:55|
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to pursue an IT career via a vocational route. As well as gaining a diploma you will also gain valuable work experience in a business environment. Apply now!|
You will be working for...
The largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £84.5 billion. A fantastic opportunity has arisen in Edinburgh for 2 Infrastructure Systems Administrator apprentices to join our infrastructure technology team, where we are responsible for the continual review, support and maintenance of the infrastructure technology across the group.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Ensuring systems are managed to the satisfaction of the business:
- Incidents and Service Requests closed within SLA.
- Review breached calls
- Alerts responded to in a timely manner.
- No unplanned outages attributable to System Administrators.
- System uptime and availability within SLA.
- Unnecessary alert are cleansed to ensure that they are relevant and accurate.
- Providing support out of hours
- Fully document systems including DR procedures, recovery procedures, build procedures, call out logs, decision logs, and maintenance procedures and fix knowledge base.
- Supporting the strategy through delivery
- Following industry best practice where ever possible
- Identifying Weakness and risk issues across the estate
- Supporting managed Disaster Recovery tests.
- Highlighting single points of failure to manager
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering: Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain City & Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems & Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) qualifications leading to the Microsoft Certified Professional certification.
Who should apply...
- Someone with a passion for technology and learning
- Someone with good written and oral communication skills
- Someone with excellent team working skills
- Someone who is able to deal effectively with the customer to deliver a professional service
- Someone with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Someone who is able to plan and prioritise own work and deliverables
- Someone with excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Someone who has a can do attitude
- You must have at least 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start a very rewarding career in IT with leading UK company.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuringfairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached