|Job Ref:||204544321||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oldham||Address:||Post Code:||OL4||Salary:||£166/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:54|
Do you want to learn and earn? If so, look no further and start an apprenticeship today. Apply now!|
You will be working for...
A Multi-Academy Trust who are an outstanding Special Academy which provides for students aged from 4 - 19 years. We also provide for young people aged 19-25 years at our site.
We offer a very vibrant working environment with lots of opportunities for experiencing a variety of tasks within the role. We are very much committed to developing young colleagues into skilled and qualified staff. There will also be support and mentoring throughout the apprenticeship to ensure all our new apprentices have the best chance of securing a permanent contract.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this role you will...
- Assist with the secure and safe set up/installation of new equipment, software, hardware, peripherals, upgrades and components
- Mark equipment, hardware and peripherals with security codes as necessary
- Set up equipment such as laptops, data projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems and other specialist ICT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly
- Provide information and assistance for teachers, pupils and other members of staff on the basic use and setting up of computer equipment, software and procedures
- Maintain standard network cabling
- Perform basic diagnostic and recovery routines on network equipment
- Follow detailed instructions to configure network clients including allocating required software and connecting to the correct server
- Maintain user accounts and permissions within Active Directory
- Implement disc space and printer quota policies
- Perform checks to ensure that broadband connectivity is maintained
- Undertake maintenance tasks and duties according to a defined schedule
- Ensure that basic safety and security checks are carried out and escalate problems to the appropriate person, as per the relevant procedure
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)
Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L3
- Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 ( equivalent to A- level educational level), MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
Who should apply...
- Someone who is willing to learn and able to communicate with students and staff
- Someone who is able to work on their own initiative and is able to work under pressure
- Someone who is an excellent attender and is trustworthy
- Someone with the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the organisational expectations and policies
- Someone with ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Other Important Information...
- Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm - 36 hours 40 minutes per week
- Cross site travel may be required
- Adoption of professional standards of behaviour and appearance at all times in line with organisational protocols
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
We are committed to providing our apprentices with a permanent role on the successful completion of the apprenticeship. Whilst this cannot be guaranteed, we would do all we can to meet this commitment.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached