|Job Ref:||204544318||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Hinckley||Address:||Post Code:||LE10||Salary:||£150/week||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:54|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company. Apply now and don't delay!|
You will be working for...
A highly successful leisure group who partner with many of the UK's local authorities. They are a great place to work with low staff turnover and exciting growth plans.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Manning the service desk phones and emails, responding to IT calls appropriately
- Updating the helpdesk system with new calls and progress
- Setting up new IT accounts and give access to systems
- Closing down accounts and revoke access as necessary
- Assisting with routine IT administration activities such as updating the asset register
- Image, building and upgrading PCs and thin client images
- Managing of thin client devices
- Desktop application supporting, fixing hardware and software problems as they arise
- Providing onsite support to colleagues
- Setting up PC applications
- Setting up and closing AD accounts and email accounts
- Working with Infrastructure Team and Regional engineers to Provide third line support to the business
- Faulting diagnosis and resolution
- Liaising with third part hardware and software suppliers to diagnose and resolve issues
- Providing cover during holidays and busy periods to other Regional Engineers and the Service Desk
- Attending sites where remote fixes are not possible
- Assisting with the design of new data and voice networks
- Assisting with the Installation and set-up of new data and voice networks
- Assisting with the Set up and installation of routers and switches
- Working with Regional Engineers to Set up and install WiFi networks
- Networking performance monitoring and reporting
- IP Managing
- Setting up and management of antivirus software
- Monitor antivirus software and take any remedial action to remove any threats
- Assisting with the installation and set-up of new applications
- Performing operational management and housekeeping activities as required for the installed software
- Keeping aware of new technologies and consider applicability and business uses across the company
- Aware of emerging threats and issues that could undermine the IT infrastructure security and reliability, making recommendations on changes to security and infrastructure as appropriate
- Updating documentation for systems and infrastructure
- Working outside of frontline service hours as required to perform upgrades, fixes and support for events/new site go-lives
Your training will...
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L3
Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 ( equivalent to A- level educational level), MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
Who should apply...
- Someone with excellent communicator(written and oral) skills
- Someone with good organisational skills
- Someone with excellent team player and problem solving skills
- Someone with good team player skills
- Someone who can work on their own initiative
- Someone with flexibility and willing to work on a number of IT initiatives
- Someone with driving licence would be advantage
- Someone with ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Travel maybe required - visit sites across the UK as required
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
Successful apprentices will have the opportunity of a full time role, progression, potential for further training opportunities with QA Apprenticeships.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuringfairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
It only takes a minute to apply for aN IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached